Talking to people who are in mourning. Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Talking to people who are in mourning.

Go down 
+2
Cheaps
femme fatale
6 posters
AuthorMessage
femme fatale
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
femme fatale

Female
Rep : 46

Talking to people who are in mourning. Empty
PostSubject: Talking to people who are in mourning.   Talking to people who are in mourning. EmptyFri Dec 09, 2011 6:44 am

Do you find it difficult to express condolences or to come up with inspirational words to people who are in mourning?
Back to top Go down
Cheaps
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Cheaps

Female
Rep : 252

PostSubject: Re: Talking to people who are in mourning.   Talking to people who are in mourning. EmptyFri Dec 09, 2011 6:45 am

Yes, I do. For the most part, I just try to listen and be there for them.
Back to top Go down
CeCe
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
CeCe

Rep : 326

PostSubject: Re: Talking to people who are in mourning.   Talking to people who are in mourning. EmptyFri Dec 09, 2011 9:07 am

Yeah because there's really nothing you actually can say. You just have to try to not say the wrong thing. But there are no real word of comfort. It's better just to be there for them.
Back to top Go down
FireIce918
…is Authorized.
…is Authorized.
FireIce918

Female
Rep : 8

PostSubject: Re: Talking to people who are in mourning.   Talking to people who are in mourning. EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 3:09 am

I don't even try, I just offer my condolences and ask is there anything I can do for them. They may not have an answer but the gesture won't go unnoticed, many people just want their pain to be acknowledged. Or just drop off something that will keep well with a note, like spaghetti or a nice hearty soup, since they might forget about simple things like eating.
Back to top Go down
Bluesmama
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Bluesmama

Female
Rep : 43

PostSubject: Re: Talking to people who are in mourning.   Talking to people who are in mourning. EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 3:24 am

I tend to have an easy time when the mourning is for the loss of a child, because I have been there myself. These I handle real well.

But my brother still heavily mourns his wife two years later and it gets harder and harder to say anything or even listen. I get guilty about it, but I think he's burned out a lot of people with his grief. But he has friends and continues on.
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

PostSubject: Re: Talking to people who are in mourning.   Talking to people who are in mourning. EmptySun Dec 11, 2011 12:16 am

It is really hard. Especially right at the wake or funeral. Because you know they are so sick of making pleasantries with everyone.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Talking to people who are in mourning.   Talking to people who are in mourning. Empty

Back to top Go down

Talking to people who are in mourning.
Page 1 of 1