City/urban people vs. suburbanites vs. Country/rural people Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

City/urban people vs. suburbanites vs. Country/rural people

Go down 
+3
Nystyle709
Shale
Chris
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

City/urban people vs. suburbanites vs. Country/rural people Empty
PostSubject: City/urban people vs. suburbanites vs. Country/rural people   City/urban people vs. suburbanites vs. Country/rural people EmptySun Jun 24, 2012 4:39 am

How do you think people from the city, suburbs and country/rural areas generally differ from each other in terms of attitude and temperament? Do you find people from these areas easier or more difficult to get along with?
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male
Rep : 219

PostSubject: Re: City/urban people vs. suburbanites vs. Country/rural people   City/urban people vs. suburbanites vs. Country/rural people EmptySun Jun 24, 2012 9:14 am

It is easier for rural ppl to be insular and isolated from the diversity that ppl in the city experience.

Which explains the monolithic, archaic attitudes taken as given in the rural South and West.
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: City/urban people vs. suburbanites vs. Country/rural people   City/urban people vs. suburbanites vs. Country/rural people EmptySun Jun 24, 2012 11:08 am

It's more fast paced in the big city. Rural folks don't have to be on the beat all the time, so they are a bit slower. Suburbanites is a mixture of the two.
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

PostSubject: Re: City/urban people vs. suburbanites vs. Country/rural people   City/urban people vs. suburbanites vs. Country/rural people EmptySun Jun 24, 2012 11:12 am

Nystyle709 wrote:
It's more fast paced in the big city. Rural folks don't have to be on the beat all the time, so they are a bit slower. Suburbanites is a mixture of the two.

^This. Although trust me, the suburbs can be a rat race too.
Back to top Go down
RobbieFTW
…is Being Fitted For a Crown.
…is Being Fitted For a Crown.
RobbieFTW

Male
Rep : 145

PostSubject: Re: City/urban people vs. suburbanites vs. Country/rural people   City/urban people vs. suburbanites vs. Country/rural people EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 2:35 pm

Rural & country people I notice talk slower.
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

PostSubject: Re: City/urban people vs. suburbanites vs. Country/rural people   City/urban people vs. suburbanites vs. Country/rural people EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 8:06 pm

One big difference that I respect is people from the country are much more likely to help out their neighbors and stay connected.
Back to top Go down
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male
Rep : 219

PostSubject: Re: City/urban people vs. suburbanites vs. Country/rural people   City/urban people vs. suburbanites vs. Country/rural people EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 8:43 pm

RedBedroom wrote:
One big difference that I respect is people from the country are much more likely to help out their neighbors and stay connected.

Unless their neighbor happens to be a long-haired Hippie type from New Orleans who built a cabin in the woods in Mississippi and came up on weekends to get away from the city.

In that case the good christian neighbors will steal his stuff while he is away. Thanx for the help country folks - I'll just stay in the city where I know to look out for the theives.

Oh, the theft was just one part. I also heard that they were going to physically harrass me to not come back. Ignorant peasants!
Back to top Go down
AtownPeep
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
AtownPeep

Female
Rep : 39

PostSubject: Re: City/urban people vs. suburbanites vs. Country/rural people   City/urban people vs. suburbanites vs. Country/rural people EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 11:56 pm

Probably depends on the state. Down here in the ATL, "country" is part of our heritage...even the suburban and city folk, so it's probably less of a culture gap than it is further north.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: City/urban people vs. suburbanites vs. Country/rural people   City/urban people vs. suburbanites vs. Country/rural people Empty

Back to top Go down

City/urban people vs. suburbanites vs. Country/rural people
Page 1 of 1