CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+3
Marc™
Supernova
Chris
7 posters

Should students living in college dormitories be allowed to share rooms with members of the opposite sex?

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Should students living in college dormitories be allowed to share rooms with members of the opposite sex? Empty Should students living in college dormitories be allowed to share rooms with members of the opposite sex?

Post by Chris Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:03 am

Do you think it would make much of a difference if college dorms were co-ed, or do you think they work better as single sex?
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Should students living in college dormitories be allowed to share rooms with members of the opposite sex? Empty Re: Should students living in college dormitories be allowed to share rooms with members of the opposite sex?

Post by Supernova Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:56 am

Well on one hand it may raise the numbers of reported rapes and attacks, but on the other hand I can't see how much difference it'll make as I doubt they'd be doing anything they aren't already, just with having to cross over to the other's dorms already.
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Should students living in college dormitories be allowed to share rooms with members of the opposite sex? Empty Re: Should students living in college dormitories be allowed to share rooms with members of the opposite sex?

Post by Marc™ Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:45 pm

Should stay one gender for the most part. It's worked all this time, I see no reason to change. Mixing men and women up I imagine could cause all sorts of miscellaneous problems that range from petty to serious.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Tue Dec 13, 2011 4:05 pm

Well, any arguments about sexual impropriety can be countered with "what about lesbian and gay men in single gender dorms?"

There probably should be consideration for couples who wish to share dorm rooms.

When Lorily and I broke up, I drove her to her new home at St. Paul School of Theology (Methodist) in Kansas City MO, where she was going for her Masters. It was a long drive and I needed a place to crash for the night before heading back to New Orleans. I asked if they had any guest rooms and they said we could share her room - that the school didn't try to regulate morality of adult students.
    Blue Cool
    Bluesmama
    Bluesmama
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 43

Post by Bluesmama Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:34 pm

In this litigious society I think it's better to leave it as is due to liability. I can see all kinds of lawsuits against the schools.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:33 pm

Marc™ wrote:Should stay one gender for the most part. It's worked all this time, I see no reason to change. Mixing men and women up I imagine could cause all sorts of miscellaneous problems that range from petty to serious.

This.
    RobbieFTW
    RobbieFTW
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.

Male
    Rep : 145

Post by RobbieFTW Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:15 am

No I think it should stay single gender. If a male & female college student wanna get together and be off campus roommates then more power to them but I dont think it should be randomly co-ed in dorms.

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 11:28 am