CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

5 posters

Should pre-op Transsexuals be allowed to use the opposite gender facilities?

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Should pre-op Transsexuals be allowed to use the opposite gender facilities? Empty Should pre-op Transsexuals be allowed to use the opposite gender facilities?

Post by Chris Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:32 pm

Do you think a pre-op transsexual should be permitted to use opposite sex restrooms if they're dressed the part?
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Should pre-op Transsexuals be allowed to use the opposite gender facilities? Empty Re: Should pre-op Transsexuals be allowed to use the opposite gender facilities?

Post by Shale Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:30 pm

Sure, why not?

It's not like you see much in a restroom stall anyhow. IDK if F to M preop would be using a urinal.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Should pre-op Transsexuals be allowed to use the opposite gender facilities? Empty Re: Should pre-op Transsexuals be allowed to use the opposite gender facilities?

Post by CeCe Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:55 pm

I don't have a problem with it.
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female
    Rep : 78

Post by TSJFan4Ever Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:19 pm

Well - I have to admit if I walked into the bathroom and saw a guy in there, even if he was wearing girl's clothing, I'd still go back out and check to see if I was in the right washroom - lol! If there were separate stalls or it was an individual bathroom, I don't have a problem with it.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:04 pm

I wouldn't have a problem with it. How often would the average person encounter this to begin with? Plus, people who are going through the transition, I would think, have been counseled enough to know that they should try to steer clear of situations like that until after the surgery, to avoid any embarrassment from someone either physically or verbally attacking them. In many settings, I don't think it would be entirely safe for a male, identifying as female, who is pre-op, to go into a males' restroom.

Current date/time is Wed May 29, 2024 3:17 am