Should the United States officially convert to using the metric system? Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Should the United States officially convert to using the metric system?

Go down 
+3
Shale
Cheaps
Chris
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

Should the United States officially convert to using the metric system? Empty
PostSubject: Should the United States officially convert to using the metric system?   Should the United States officially convert to using the metric system? EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 8:05 am

The U.S. currently officially uses the Imperial (English) measurement system: pounds, feet, gallons, etc., etc. How would you feel if it officially switched over to the metric system instead?
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
Cheaps
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Cheaps

Female
Rep : 252

PostSubject: Re: Should the United States officially convert to using the metric system?   Should the United States officially convert to using the metric system? EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 9:27 am

How would I feel? Very confused. I'm fine with what we use now.
Back to top Go down
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male
Rep : 219

PostSubject: Re: Should the United States officially convert to using the metric system?   Should the United States officially convert to using the metric system? EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 9:55 am

Metric is a very logical system and we should switch to it.

The only confusing thing is trying to convert from one to the other, but aside from all the useless math, ppl would be surprised at how quickly you can adapt to metric.

I have lived and travelled in countries on the metric system and you soon learn that half liter is a good sized drink, a quarter kilo is an eatable amount of cheese. Forget about specific numbers and just go with a vague idea of what proportions are usable.
Back to top Go down
Marc™
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
Marc™

Male
Rep : 212

PostSubject: Re: Should the United States officially convert to using the metric system?   Should the United States officially convert to using the metric system? EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 3:33 pm

cheaps wrote:
How would I feel? Very confused. I'm fine with what we use now.

Basically. I'm used to the setup we got.
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: Should the United States officially convert to using the metric system?   Should the United States officially convert to using the metric system? EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 3:41 pm

Leave it alone, shit. People are already used to it. It's not going to affect anything one way or the other. It's not like gallons and pounds are false or made up measurements.
Back to top Go down
Hyacinth Girl
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Hyacinth Girl

Female
Rep : 70

PostSubject: Re: Should the United States officially convert to using the metric system?   Should the United States officially convert to using the metric system? EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 5:14 pm

I use metric all the time at work in the lab, and a mixture of that and our Imperical system in everyday life. I've gotten so that I can jump between the two as easily as a bi-lingual person can switch languages. It's all in what you get used to, but I think a total switchover would meet with a lot of resistance, so a better approach I think, is to keep it and teach metric also to the upcoming generations, so they can work both systems.
Back to top Go down
RobbieFTW
…is Being Fitted For a Crown.
…is Being Fitted For a Crown.
RobbieFTW

Male
Rep : 145

PostSubject: Re: Should the United States officially convert to using the metric system?   Should the United States officially convert to using the metric system? EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 11:51 pm

I like our system as is.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Should the United States officially convert to using the metric system?   Should the United States officially convert to using the metric system? Empty

Back to top Go down

Should the United States officially convert to using the metric system?
Page 1 of 1