The Metric System Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Metric System

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Alan Smithee
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

The Metric System Empty
PostSubject: The Metric System   The Metric System EmptyMon Apr 18, 2011 4:43 am

Many of you are probably too young (except for Grandpappy Shale big grin ) but back in the 70s there was a movement to begin converting the U.S. to the metric system. One of the first things done was bottling soft drinks in 2 liter bottles. The U.S. is one of the only countries in the world that still use "customery" units of measuremant instead of the metric system. Would you favor trying again to bring us in step with the rest of the world?
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

The Metric System Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Metric System   The Metric System EmptyMon Apr 18, 2011 10:27 am

I'm just so used to the current system, I don't see a reason to change it. If they do however, I'd get used to that too. But I think they want to keep it the way it is because of the sticker shock people would face if they switch to metric. You think people are mad about gas prices now....................
Back to top Go down
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male
Rep : 219

The Metric System Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Metric System   The Metric System EmptyMon Apr 18, 2011 10:36 am

I would if they would stop all that confusing conversion crap. Just change it one day and tell everyone to figure out how many kilos or liters they can consume and forget about how many ounces, gallons and pounds it converts to.

I have lived for months in countries using the metric measurements and there were no problems in the marketplace. You soon start thinking in grams and kilos, having no real knowledge of or reason to convert to ounces and pounds. Only technicians need that kind of detail and that is where the problems arise with our insistence on staying with an archaic system of measurement while the rest of the world is on the modern one.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Metric System Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Metric System   The Metric System Empty

Back to top Go down

The Metric System
Page 1 of 1