CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

5 posters

Would you rather have 1 full time job or 2 part time jobs?

RobbieFTW
    RobbieFTW
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.

Male
    Rep : 145

Would you rather have 1 full time job or 2 part time jobs? Empty Would you rather have 1 full time job or 2 part time jobs?

Post by RobbieFTW Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:20 am

Everything else being equal: Same pay, benefits, enjoyability, predictable hours, etc. (Assume that the commute is short in between them.) The only difference is instead of going back to the same job after lunch every day, you go to a different one: Different atmosphere, different tasks, different people.
    Cheaps
    Cheaps
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 252

Would you rather have 1 full time job or 2 part time jobs? Empty Re: Would you rather have 1 full time job or 2 part time jobs?

Post by Cheaps Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:30 am

I've had 2 seperate job before, but they were both full time, 1 job was 40 the other was 32.

With this scenario sounds interesting and not as much work. I'd give it a shot.
    Impact
    Impact
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 75

Would you rather have 1 full time job or 2 part time jobs? Empty Re: Would you rather have 1 full time job or 2 part time jobs?

Post by Impact Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:00 am

I've worked 2 part time jobs before and it didn't bother me at all. I liked that I didn't have to devote a lot of time to just the one, but in terms of stability I would rather have just one.
    Bluesmama
    Bluesmama
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 43

Post by Bluesmama Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:20 am

RobbieFTW wrote:Everything else being equal: Same pay, benefits, enjoyability, predictable hours, etc. (Assume that the commute is short in between them.) The only difference is instead of going back to the same job after lunch every day, you go to a different one: Different atmosphere, different tasks, different people.

Interesting question. I'm inclined to say 2 part-timers, just to break the monotony of the same ol' dookey. On the other hand, I'd most likely prefer one job way over the other, thus I'd wish I had the favorited job full-time.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:35 pm

One. Easier to get unemployment if I ever got laid off.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:48 am