CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+7
Cheaps
Nystyle709
RobbieFTW
Shale
Bluesmama
Supernova
Marc™
11 posters

Teenage model, 16, killed herself under train 'after boy cancelled their cinema date' by text message

Bluesmama
    Bluesmama
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 43

Teenage model, 16, killed herself under train 'after boy cancelled their cinema date' by text message - Page 2 Empty Re: Teenage model, 16, killed herself under train 'after boy cancelled their cinema date' by text message

Post by Bluesmama Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:56 pm

Supernova wrote:

Agreed but I do find it ironic people say texting and driving is actually more dangerous than drinking and driving, like it's causing MORE accidents than being drunk behind the wheel. And if that's true then MADD can eat that one.

Well, there's the other problem, too: "Sexting" among kids. Now I don't know how big of a problem that really is, but I'll tell you what ~ if my daughter did that she would lose her phone for a LONG time, after I gave her an butt-whoopin'!!!
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Teenage model, 16, killed herself under train 'after boy cancelled their cinema date' by text message - Page 2 Empty Re: Teenage model, 16, killed herself under train 'after boy cancelled their cinema date' by text message

Post by Supernova Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:21 pm

Bluesmama wrote:

Well, there's the other problem, too: "Sexting" among kids. Now I don't know how big of a problem that really is, but I'll tell you what ~ if my daughter did that she would lose her phone for a LONG time, after I gave her an butt-whoopin'!!!

Oh yeah because that is permanent and it can spread like a wildfire. The way I understand it is they don't realize the consequences to this...they go into thinking it's no big deal, well if it's no big deal why don't they put it on billboards and show the whole world freely? Why not do it in front of their parents? See? They know it's a bigger deal than they try to play it down to be otherwise they wouldn't need to hide it from people.

Current date/time is Sun Sep 22, 2024 4:51 am