In your opinion has television gotten better or worse in the past five years? Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

In your opinion has television gotten better or worse in the past five years?

Go down 
+7
Cheaps
RedBedroom
Nystyle709
CeCe
Supernova
Shale
Chris
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

In your opinion has television gotten better or worse in the past five years? Empty
PostSubject: In your opinion has television gotten better or worse in the past five years?   In your opinion has television gotten better or worse in the past five years? EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 1:16 pm

Do you think television is on an upswing from recent years, or a steady descent?
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male
Rep : 219

In your opinion has television gotten better or worse in the past five years? Empty
PostSubject: Re: In your opinion has television gotten better or worse in the past five years?   In your opinion has television gotten better or worse in the past five years? EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 1:22 pm

I watch very little TV so I wouldn't really know.

IDK if it was just within the last 5 years, but the fact that it is inundated with"reality" shows that are actually nothing to do with reality other than the fact that they are unscripted, saving money on writers is in my opinion a low point for TV.

I only watch two of the CSI shows regularly, and the old Two and a Half Men. One of my favorite shows is The Big Bang Theory, which I think is good TV.

Of course America has become too politically correct to have great shows like Norman Lear did in the '70s & '80s like All in the Family.
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

PostSubject: Re: In your opinion has television gotten better or worse in the past five years?   In your opinion has television gotten better or worse in the past five years? EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 1:55 pm

Worse. Totally worse. A few years ago my mom and I got the Very merry Muppet Christmas movie from 2002, which is not great by any means, but in it Kermit wishes he'd never been born and they show in a world without him, 90% of cable TV is reality shows...even WITH the Muppets this has been allowed to happen.
Back to top Go down
CeCe
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
CeCe

Rep : 326

PostSubject: Re: In your opinion has television gotten better or worse in the past five years?   In your opinion has television gotten better or worse in the past five years? EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 2:14 pm

Worse. I only watch a few shows on tv these days.
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female

PostSubject: Re: In your opinion has television gotten better or worse in the past five years?   In your opinion has television gotten better or worse in the past five years? EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 2:19 pm

CeCe wrote:
Worse. I only watch a few shows on tv these days.

Totally, and it's not just the current shows either, it's also the choice of reruns. Because reruns is usually when we come by most shows: back when Nick @ Nite had Happy Days, I Love Lucy, Laverne and Shirley, the Jeffersons, Dick Van Dyke, and when Disney used to show Ducktales, Goof Troop, Donald Duck's Quack Attack, Gummi Bears, Sister, Sister, Smart Guy, Recess, Dinosaurs, and Nickelodeon had Are You Afraid of the Dark?, Kenan and Kel, The Mystery Files of Shelby Woo, Garfield & Friends, The Charlie Brown and Snoopy Show, and Cartoon Network used to show about 10 different kinds of Scooby Doo, The Jetsons, the Flintstones, you name it, even when it was reruns it was something good. There was ALWAYS something good on to watch, and now...very rarely anything anymore.
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: In your opinion has television gotten better or worse in the past five years?   In your opinion has television gotten better or worse in the past five years? EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 4:23 pm

Worse.
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

PostSubject: Re: In your opinion has television gotten better or worse in the past five years?   In your opinion has television gotten better or worse in the past five years? EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 4:42 pm

Way worse. Reality shows are to blame. Plus there is much more product placement. That's only going to get worse as the popularity of DVR and Tivo continues to rise.
Back to top Go down
Cheaps
Cheaps

Female
Rep : 252

PostSubject: Re: In your opinion has television gotten better or worse in the past five years?   In your opinion has television gotten better or worse in the past five years? EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 5:03 pm

Worse, even though I do love my reality shows.
Back to top Go down
wants2laugh
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
wants2laugh

Female
Rep : 87

PostSubject: Re: In your opinion has television gotten better or worse in the past five years?   In your opinion has television gotten better or worse in the past five years? EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 9:31 pm

worse... i HATE reality shows. even the ones that you watch just to laugh at like "Mob Wives" are just plain stupid.

At least jeopardy is still on so one can learn something! lol
Back to top Go down
Nhaiyel
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Nhaiyel

Female
Rep : 123

PostSubject: Re: In your opinion has television gotten better or worse in the past five years?   In your opinion has television gotten better or worse in the past five years? EmptyFri Dec 23, 2011 12:06 pm

If we're going by just the past five years, then I would say that it's about the same. It's probably leaning more toward being worse, but really television hasn't really moved much in the past decade.
Back to top Go down
http://www.musicfanclubs.org/aaliyah/
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female

PostSubject: Re: In your opinion has television gotten better or worse in the past five years?   In your opinion has television gotten better or worse in the past five years? EmptyFri Dec 23, 2011 2:59 pm

Nhaiyel wrote:
If we're going by just the past five years, then I would say that it's about the same. It's probably leaning more toward being worse, but really television hasn't really moved much in the past decade.

Frightening but true, and imagine how the next 20 years' worth of television is going to be, it's either going to be at a standstill on the same level of suckiness, or sink to a lower level.
Back to top Go down
FireIce918
…is Authorized.
…is Authorized.
FireIce918

Female
Rep : 8

PostSubject: Re: In your opinion has television gotten better or worse in the past five years?   In your opinion has television gotten better or worse in the past five years? EmptyFri Dec 23, 2011 10:54 pm

Worse. So many reality shows are just thrown out there for the fuck of it. Sure, SOMEONE wants them to thrive....but if they don't, does it matter? They paid way less than if they had actually found someone to craft a script, hire actors and set the stage.

And in the meantime, we're stuck with 50 variations of "Basketball Wives."
Back to top Go down
Jason B.
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Jason B.

Male
Rep : 70

PostSubject: Re: In your opinion has television gotten better or worse in the past five years?   In your opinion has television gotten better or worse in the past five years? EmptySat Dec 24, 2011 2:35 am

Way too many reality shows and talent competitions. In daytime there are too many court shows.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: In your opinion has television gotten better or worse in the past five years?   In your opinion has television gotten better or worse in the past five years? Empty

Back to top Go down

In your opinion has television gotten better or worse in the past five years?
Page 1 of 1