Do you need all your formal education in order to do the job you presently have? Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Do you need all your formal education in order to do the job you presently have?

Go down 
+3
Supernova
Shale
Chris
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

Do you need all your formal education in order to do the job you presently have? Empty
PostSubject: Do you need all your formal education in order to do the job you presently have?   Do you need all your formal education in order to do the job you presently have? EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 1:24 pm

If you had dropped out of college, or even high school, do you think you still could have been trained to do the job you have now?
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male
Rep : 219

Do you need all your formal education in order to do the job you presently have? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you need all your formal education in order to do the job you presently have?   Do you need all your formal education in order to do the job you presently have? EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 1:35 pm

My formal education is a High School Diploma.

I am an Administrative Assistant, which means I do office stuff and write reports and correspondence. My language skills learned in HS and picked up over the years is a plus in my job. Ppl forget that you learn in life, a lot of the things that "formal education" gets credit for.
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

PostSubject: Re: Do you need all your formal education in order to do the job you presently have?   Do you need all your formal education in order to do the job you presently have? EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 1:45 pm

The only job I've had since I graduated has been canvassing for the new city directories, trust me, I didn't need to waste 5 years in college for that.
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: Do you need all your formal education in order to do the job you presently have?   Do you need all your formal education in order to do the job you presently have? EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 4:33 pm

For the most part.
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

PostSubject: Re: Do you need all your formal education in order to do the job you presently have?   Do you need all your formal education in order to do the job you presently have? EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 4:37 pm

Yeah, I do.
Back to top Go down
Hyacinth Girl
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Hyacinth Girl

Female
Rep : 70

PostSubject: Re: Do you need all your formal education in order to do the job you presently have?   Do you need all your formal education in order to do the job you presently have? EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 4:57 pm

A lot of my knowledge in the lab field came from on the job training and just working in the lab in general. I don't think, though, that my particular field can be done without having the college degree--you need those fundamental basics that are taught in all the different chemistry courses, and every other course that is specific to the lab, to have that knowledge base in you to be able to, in your mind, look at something down to the atomic level, and know why it's acting, reacting, doing what it's doing, and if it's correct or not, and be able to troubleshoot from there.
Back to top Go down
Cheaps
Cheaps

Female
Rep : 252

PostSubject: Re: Do you need all your formal education in order to do the job you presently have?   Do you need all your formal education in order to do the job you presently have? EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 4:59 pm

Chris wrote:
If you had dropped out of college, or even high school, do you think you still could have been trained to do the job you have now?

Yup, I've been in this particular field for quite some time now, way before I was able to get my GED.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do you need all your formal education in order to do the job you presently have?   Do you need all your formal education in order to do the job you presently have? Empty

Back to top Go down

Do you need all your formal education in order to do the job you presently have?
Page 1 of 1