Girl With The Dragon Tattoo Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Girl With The Dragon Tattoo

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
JWF
…is an Up 'N Comer.
…is an Up 'N Comer.

Male
Rep : 4

Girl With The Dragon Tattoo Empty
PostSubject: Girl With The Dragon Tattoo   Girl With The Dragon Tattoo EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 6:01 pm

Rooney Mara as Lisbeth Salander offers an engrossing and alluring character. But does she match the Swedish version of the pop culture gothic avenging hacker. In my opinion, no! She's missing the unspoiled freshness of the original character (Noomi Rapace). The Rooney Mara look (piercing, etc) wasn't as convincing. I left the theater only seeing Noomi.

If you have read the very popular book and seen the Swedish version you might be a bit disappointed, but satisfied that you generally understand a confusing plot. There's not much added by director David Fincher
You immediately become accustomed with the characters.

Both films are about equal in running time, but the newer one seems too long.

It's reported that Fincher didn't see the Swedish version, so I guest his version can't be called a true remake. The only major difference I saw was with the last 15 minutes of the film, which follows the novel.

However, I must admit I was very impressed with technical visual look, with excellent acting. But...why was it necessary.

B+

Jack
Back to top Go down
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male
Rep : 219

PostSubject: Re: Girl With The Dragon Tattoo   Girl With The Dragon Tattoo EmptySun Dec 25, 2011 12:56 am

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
Movie Blurb by Shale
December 24, 2011

First off, I really enjoyed this movie. It is the first time I have experienced the story either in print or film, so I didn't have to waste energy judging this movie against something else. I have heard that it deviated from the 2009 Swedish movie and followed more Stieg Larsson’s book. IDK. All I know is what was presented to me in David Fincher’s current movie, which is set in Sweden but for the most part is in English. So, no subtitles are a plus right off.

For the couple of other ppl who have never read the book or seen the other movie, the story is about a journalist, Mikael Blomvkist (Daniel Craig) who has lost a libel case to a rich businessman he exposed. He is soon approached by Henrik Vanger (Christopher Plummer) aging former head of an industrialist family. Mikael is supposedly helping to write a biography but actually is being hired to solve the 40-year-old unsolved disappearance of Henrik's niece. We learn that the whole family is an unsavory lot and it had to be one of them who killed the girl.

Mikael & Henrik Discuss His "Biography"
Girl With The Dragon Tattoo Girl-with-the-Dragon-Tattoo-06

Meanwhile the other half of this story is taking place with Lisbeth Salander (Rooney Mara) Goth girl with piercings, posts & tats, including a dragon who hangs out in smoky clubs with like-minded youth and takes an occasional hot babe home for the night. She is troubled, defiant, anti-social and a ward of the state who is being abused by her new case worker. He controls her money and threatens to have her institutionalized if she doesn't play nice. (Don't worry, you can see it coming that this pig will get a comeuppance - enjoy it)

Lisbeth is also a computer hacker who has an uncanny ability to find facts that ppl think are hidden. In fact she was hired to do a background screening on Mikael before he was hired by Henrik.

Lisbeth Hacking
Girl With The Dragon Tattoo 66880276

When Mikael needs to get some help in his investigation, her name comes up as a very good source. Mikael then learns that she knows EVERYTHING about him (thru dubious means of course) but he sees that as just the person he needs.

They meet and get along from the start. Mikael has a daughter her age, probably some paternal thing (Yeah Right).

Lisbeth & Mikael Meet
Girl With The Dragon Tattoo Film+Review+The+Girl+With+The+Dragon+Tattoo

Mikael and Lisbeth get along fine and they soon discover that there was a pattern of murders before the one girl went missing and they discover who in the rotten family was the likely murderer.

I really appreciate that I had not read the book or seen the other movie. It is in fact a murder mystery and it is always best when played out for the first time. If I had known where it was going the journey would have been ruined.

It was a great movie, starting with the black, oily, violent imagery in the opening credits while Led Zeppelin's Immigrant Song set the tone. Rooney Mara made the character of Lisbeth so conflicted and appealing - you want to just hug her, but it might hurt. She and Craig had good chemistry on screen and --- well it just worked. Go see it for yourself.
Back to top Go down
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male

PostSubject: Re: Girl With The Dragon Tattoo   Girl With The Dragon Tattoo EmptyMon Dec 26, 2011 11:06 am

I hinted in the above blurb that Mikael and Lisbeth might get it on. I suppose everyone familiar with this story knows that fact. But there is a movie poster out that pretty much says as much. Kinda like it.
Girl With The Dragon Tattoo The_girl_with_the_dragon_tattoo_2011_5485_medium

Fact is, the story is all about the titular Lisbeth (I understand this movie is from a series of books). It even looked like the ending of this movie could invite a sequel. I'd like to see that.
Back to top Go down
zthatzmanz28
…is Significant.
…is Significant.
zthatzmanz28

Male
Rep : 13

PostSubject: Re: Girl With The Dragon Tattoo   Girl With The Dragon Tattoo EmptyMon Dec 26, 2011 12:20 pm

Haven't seen the new version. The original is great. Though my wife commented the movie left quite a bit out from the book. My wife read the first two books and loved both. The second in the series "The Girl Who Played with Fire" is as good as the first. I think either Stieg Larsson died before finishing The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest or was feeling ill. The story didn't seem to have the same punch.
Back to top Go down
http://www.blueroadblogger.com
JWF
…is an Up 'N Comer.
…is an Up 'N Comer.

Male
Rep : 4

PostSubject: Re: Girl With The Dragon Tattoo   Girl With The Dragon Tattoo EmptyMon Dec 26, 2011 12:45 pm

zthatzmanz28 wrote:
Haven't seen the new version. The original is great. Though my wife commented the movie left quite a bit out from the book. My wife read the first two books and loved both. The second in the series "The Girl Who Played with Fire" is as good as the first. I think either Stieg Larsson died before finishing The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest or was feeling ill. The story didn't seem to have the same punch.

The author died before any of the books were published. There was a rumor of the start of a 4th book

The second and third books were made into a TV movie. And it looks like it.

The major difference between the Swedish and American version is the ending. The American version follows the book (almost). Therefore, if David Fincher signs up for "The Girl who Plays with Fire", it would follow where the Dragon Girl ended. She pissed with Mikael and goes off to an island off South America. The movie would not be a sequel, but a continuation. In the first book Lisbeth helps Mikael. Now he helps her. And you also find-out why Lisbeth is what she is.

It was impossible to make a movie out of the entire Dragon book. The book is very technical. The movie would have been like 10 hours.

jack
Back to top Go down
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male

PostSubject: Re: Girl With The Dragon Tattoo   Girl With The Dragon Tattoo EmptyMon Dec 26, 2011 1:26 pm

JWF wrote:
...The major difference between the Swedish and American version is the ending. The American version follows the book (almost). Therefore, if David Fincher signs up for "The Girl who Plays with Fire", it would follow where the Dragon Girl ended. She pissed with Mikael and goes off to an island off South America. The movie would not be a sequel, but a continuation. In the first book Lisbeth helps Mikael. Now he helps her. And you also find-out why Lisbeth is what she is...

jack

Great! So there is a possibility of a sequel (depending on how well this one pays off). cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Girl With The Dragon Tattoo   Girl With The Dragon Tattoo Empty

Back to top Go down

Girl With The Dragon Tattoo
Page 1 of 1