tattoo artists upset over new show "Tattoo School" Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

tattoo artists upset over new show "Tattoo School"

Go down 
+3
Nystyle709
(Oh!) Rob Petrie
RedBedroom
7 posters
AuthorMessage
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

tattoo artists upset over new show "Tattoo School" Empty
PostSubject: tattoo artists upset over new show "Tattoo School"   tattoo artists upset over new show "Tattoo School" EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 8:57 pm

LANE COUNTY, Ore. -- The TLC and Discovery Network is known for its reality-based shows featuring fascinating jobs like crab fishing and motorcycle building, but a new tattoo school show is causing outrage across the country and in Lane County.

It's called The Tattoo School, a show which features the Tattoo Learning Center in upstate New York that claims to teach people the craft in two weeks.

Local artists say that's just not enough time and they're petitioning for the network to cancel the show.

"I mean if it's a two-week program to teach tattooing. I think everyone has a right to be upset about," said Josh Hood, Parlour Tattoo.

Now thousands against both the network and the school have taken to the web, organizing Facebook groups and petitions trying to stop the show.

"I definitely felt like I couldn't just let it go down that way without trying to say something," said Jay Debont, Parlour Tattoo.

Instructor Joshua South at Area 51 tattoo school in Springfield feels the same way.

He says in Oregon it takes someone at least six months or with 360 hours of practical and theory to be allowed to take on customers.

South says the show gives the craft a bad name and gives customers the wrong impression.

"To think that a person can learn how to do a tattoo on them in two weeks and then mark their body for life. It's a scary thought," South said.

"This is an industry that has a nature, rebellious nature. We embrace that. We have so much respect for the industry. This is not a program that is cutting to the finish line," said Tattoo Learning Center spokesperson Rachel McEneny.

McEneny says the course is an introductory class and thinks people are jumping the gun with criticism before the shows even air.

"It might be just something that's absolutely amazing and TLC will just blow our minds, but I'm not holding my breath," Hood said.

The tattoo school featured in the series says artists might have a different impression after actually watching the show.

It airs Thursday night on TLC.

Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female

PostSubject: Re: tattoo artists upset over new show "Tattoo School"   tattoo artists upset over new show "Tattoo School" EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 9:01 pm

I have to laugh. A tattoo artist I went to school with had on his FB a thing about boycotting the show. This boycott that all these tattoo artists are promoting is only generating interest. I would have not had a clue about another stupid TLC reality show, had I not read about these boycotts! They should have all just stewed over this idea in private, because all they are doing is generating interest in the show.
Back to top Go down
(Oh!) Rob Petrie
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
(Oh!) Rob Petrie

Male
Rep : 62

PostSubject: Re: tattoo artists upset over new show "Tattoo School"   tattoo artists upset over new show "Tattoo School" EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 9:35 pm

^^ I dunno. I didn't know about this show before this controversy, but I have to say that I don't want to watch it.
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female

PostSubject: Re: tattoo artists upset over new show "Tattoo School"   tattoo artists upset over new show "Tattoo School" EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 9:52 pm

(Oh!) Rob Petrie wrote:
^^ I dunno. I didn't know about this show before this controversy, but I have to say that I don't want to watch it.

I probably won't beyond the first, but wouldn't have even known about it, less all the online stuff about it. I may keep watching, only because I have always been so intrigued on how well tattoo artists draw. I suck at drawing, and think it is pretty neat on how they can do what they do.
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: tattoo artists upset over new show "Tattoo School"   tattoo artists upset over new show "Tattoo School" EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 10:29 pm

Shrugs (Oh well…) I would not have watched the show anyway.
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

PostSubject: Re: tattoo artists upset over new show "Tattoo School"   tattoo artists upset over new show "Tattoo School" EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 10:48 pm

Nystyle709 wrote:
Shrugs (Oh well…) I would not have watched the show anyway.

Ditto
Back to top Go down
TSJFan4Ever
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
TSJFan4Ever

Female
Rep : 78

PostSubject: Re: tattoo artists upset over new show "Tattoo School"   tattoo artists upset over new show "Tattoo School" EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 3:17 am

The TLC has become SUCH a trashy channel. I remember when it was on par with Discovery but now it's the same as those trashy tabloid magazines. I'm not surprised they're doing a show like this. I wouldn't be surprised if they were doing it JUST for the controversy with real tattoo artists.
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

PostSubject: Re: tattoo artists upset over new show "Tattoo School"   tattoo artists upset over new show "Tattoo School" EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 2:54 pm

TSJFan4Ever wrote:
The TLC has become SUCH a trashy channel. I remember when it was on par with Discovery but now it's the same as those trashy tabloid magazines. I'm not surprised they're doing a show like this. I wouldn't be surprised if they were doing it JUST for the controversy with real tattoo artists.

I agree. TLC has lost its depth and is basically trying to compete with those VH1 and E! reality shows.
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
CeCe
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
CeCe

Rep : 326

PostSubject: Re: tattoo artists upset over new show "Tattoo School"   tattoo artists upset over new show "Tattoo School" EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 3:37 pm

I miss the old TLC. The tattoo guys are right but I never would have watched it anyway.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: tattoo artists upset over new show "Tattoo School"   tattoo artists upset over new show "Tattoo School" Empty

Back to top Go down

tattoo artists upset over new show "Tattoo School"
Page 1 of 1