CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+5
RobbieFTW
Cheaps
Bluesmama
Shale
wants2laugh
9 posters

Ever find someone's possessions in the street?

wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 87

Ever find someone's possessions in the street? Empty Ever find someone's possessions in the street?

Post by wants2laugh Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:52 am

Quite often in the mail, we find wallets and car keys. People often find things on the street and drop it in the nearest mailbox as if the mailman was santa clause himself and could return the items to the owners.

Have you ever found anything of someone elses? What did you do with it?
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Ever find someone's possessions in the street? Empty Re: Ever find someone's possessions in the street?

Post by Shale Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:39 am

Found a cell phone on the sidewalk once. That's an easy one. Just called around his numbers and found someone who knew him and got the message to him. He came by and got his phone.
    Bluesmama
    Bluesmama
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 43

Ever find someone's possessions in the street? Empty Re: Ever find someone's possessions in the street?

Post by Bluesmama Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:08 am

Found a wrist-watch on a street in San Francisco and, of course, kept it. It was the manual wind-up kind. I took it to a jeweler to replace the scratched crystal, and he said that it was a $150 watch.
    Cheaps
    Cheaps
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 252

Post by Cheaps Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:22 am

Nothing comes to mind.
    RobbieFTW
    RobbieFTW
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.

Male
    Rep : 145

Post by RobbieFTW Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:33 am

One time at the gym I found a NICE pair of headphones by one of the machines. Nobody was around so I kept it.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:04 am

I'm trying to remember if I ever found a wallet or anything and I don't think I have.

But one time, I found a ring inside my grocery bag. I took it back to the store, assuming it was the bagger's. It was a gift from the girl's boyfriend and she was so happy to have it back.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:08 pm

Yep. I returned it to the person. Ive found a few wallets that I dropped in the mailbox.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:35 pm

Found someone's work ID & keycard in a store once. Took it to customer service who hopefully got it back to them.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Sat Dec 24, 2011 3:57 am

Aside from the occasional loose bill, I don't think I have ever found anything someone left in the street. Usually I'll see something someone misplaced indoors, and when that happens I'll just turn it into whoever handles the lost and found.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Sep 21, 2024 10:49 pm