CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+8
Nhaiyel
Nystyle709
Supernova
RobbieFTW
Suzi
Shale
Bluesmama
wants2laugh
12 posters

Your siblings

wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 87

Your siblings Empty Your siblings

Post by wants2laugh Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:57 am

Are you and your siblings a lot alike or totally different? How?

There are five of us and each one is completely different. The oldest is obsessed with money and social status, the second is a Martha Stewart/Betty Crocker/Donna Reed mixture, the third was a biker babe, I was an honor student and read constantly, and my brother is a computer geek
    Bluesmama
    Bluesmama
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 43

Your siblings Empty Re: Your siblings

Post by Bluesmama Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:10 am

Both my brothers ~ much older than I ~ are "people persons" and love to talk and socialize. I am not that way at all.

One had 5 children and went through a lot of heart-ache with them but they're still a pretty close family (if dysfunctional). He and his wife had infidelities, and they still live like two strangers under one roof. They don't do things like spend a weekend at the beach, go to the show together, nothing. Very, very weird. He has limited interests.

The other one had no children and he and his wife were ultra-close. She was his world. This brother is very old-fashioned and his mentality is 19th century. He has almost no interests.

I march to my own drummer, always have, and I think I perplex them because of it. I have a fair amount of interests, just little time to enjoy most of them.

My brothers are neat-niks; I am not.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:44 am

My sister and I share the same humor and we can converse on many subjects intelligently. However, she is more traditional, religious (married a minister) has been settled and raised a big family.

I have tried multiple vices and enjoyed sensualities that were often illegal when I did them. I am somewhat spiritual but anti-religion. I am the 'black sheep' of the family.
    Suzi
    Suzi
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 85

Post by Suzi Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:53 am

I was an only child for all intents and purposes. My mother left when I was 5. She got pregnant and then married to the father of the other child. I met my half sister once after we were both adults, I have no interest in continuing a relationship with her. She feels the same way, said I read too many books. I plead guilty. My mother visited twice before I got married and then two times after . She made lots of promises that she didn't keep, so thankfully only one of my kids met her and he was an adult then. She apparently died a few years ago. A friend did a people search for me.
    RobbieFTW
    RobbieFTW
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.

Male
    Rep : 145

Post by RobbieFTW Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:26 am

I got so many of them. We're all different but have some strong similarities in personality too. All of us talk loud and like to be the one most heard and are hi-strung.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:51 am

There's 6 of us but we only really count 4 because the other two are from my dad's first marriage and we have had the least exposure to them, and my brother and I are similar I think because we were raised together, and I'm a little like my two main sisters but they're VERY different from us.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:13 pm

Me and my younger brother are pretty much night and day. We have the same type if humor though, so we can get along.....but it will be short lived if we spend TOO much time together. He has my fathers laid back personality, I have my mother's spicy and stubborn one. He's TWENTY times more patient than I am and he doesn't curse nearly as much as I do.
    Nhaiyel
    Nhaiyel
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 123

Post by Nhaiyel Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:16 pm

My sister and I are a bit different. Despite her being six years younger, she is much more domesticated and reasonable.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:05 pm

There are 7 of us and we are all different as night and day.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:21 pm

My eldest sister and I are a lot alike. We're both calm and easy-going. My middle sister is the polar opposite; argumentative, attention-seeking, melodramatic and basically a pain.
    Bluesmama
    Bluesmama
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 43

Post by Bluesmama Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:15 pm

Shale wrote:My sister and I share the same humor and we can converse on many subjects intelligently. However, she is more traditional, religious (married a minister) has been settled and raised a big family.

I do share a silly, vulgar sense of humor with my brothers. And one in particular is very Old World pious, so we don't agree on certain things. He and I are both impatient.

I, too, am the black sheep in the family.
    Hyacinth Girl
    Hyacinth Girl
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 70

Post by Hyacinth Girl Fri Dec 23, 2011 5:43 pm

I have a step-brother who's 5 years younger than me, and a step-sister who's 7 years younger than me. We all grew up, in and out of each other's lives due to various divorce situations and 2+ sets of parents all in the mix. As adults, the three of us finally sat down and talked a couple of years ago and cleared the air between us, because all the parents used to pit us against each other, and we basically hated one another for years.

Now that we've banded together, and the parents are older and out of each other's faces, things are much better. We've vowed to not raise our own kids with the hatred we felt towards each other at the expense of the parents' issues with each other in the past.

Incidentally, my sister who's 37, just became a grandma so now we have another generation to watch out for!
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 87

Post by wants2laugh Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:04 pm

Hyacinth Girl wrote:I have a step-brother who's 5 years younger than me, and a step-sister who's 7 years younger than me. We all grew up, in and out of each other's lives due to various divorce situations and 2+ sets of parents all in the mix. As adults, the three of us finally sat down and talked a couple of years ago and cleared the air between us, because all the parents used to pit us against each other, and we basically hated one another for years.

Now that we've banded together, and the parents are older and out of each other's faces, things are much better. We've vowed to not raise our own kids with the hatred we felt towards each other at the expense of the parents' issues with each other in the past.

Incidentally, my sister who's 37, just became a grandma so now we have another generation to watch out for!

Its great that you guys worked thru your problems and are mature enough to keep things calm. Congrats on ur niece/nephew on the way!

My grandmother had two kids, my father and his sister. My father died when i was only 3yrs and my grandmother had a tendency to try to pit dad's kids against his sister's kids. Even as adults and after grandmom died, my cousins are resentful that she acted the way she did. They were jealous of what they saw as her bragging about us, and refuse to work things out. Now that she is dead, i will never see that side of the family again sad
    FireIce918
    FireIce918
    …is Authorized.
    …is Authorized.

Female
    Rep : 8

Post by FireIce918 Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:48 pm

My brother and I are pretty different. We don't share the same interest in anything. Sometimes I beg to differ that we used the same womb. One time he hit me with the "we weren't raised like that!" line....I damn near had a field day rambling off everything he does that we weren't raised to do!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 5:57 pm