CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

3 posters

Are you looking forward to Passanante taking over as associate HW come Sept?

Kral
    Kral
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 30

Are you looking forward to Passanante taking over as associate HW come Sept? Empty Are you looking forward to Passanante taking over as associate HW come Sept?

Post by Kral Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:58 pm

Since so many are dissatisfied with RC, are you looking forward to Jean Passanante joining the HW team? They said she was hired at RC's request and that he wants her assistance, but I still think this is his swan song and that they're eyeing her to take his job after a few months.
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female
    Rep : 78

Are you looking forward to Passanante taking over as associate HW come Sept? Empty Re: Are you looking forward to Passanante taking over as associate HW come Sept?

Post by TSJFan4Ever Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:55 am

At this point, nothing could be worse than RC. Under him, so many characters have been destroyed or lobotomized. I'm not familiar enough with the shows to know which storylines she was writing but it's clear that OLTL needs change. I've just started watching Y&R and am really enjoying it - the whole show. I know she wrote for OLTL awhile back but that was before my time. I also know she wrote for AW - loved AW - but I don't know any of her storylines. I hope she can improve OLTL and get it back to being a great soap with character-driven storylines, not plot-driven storylines. I want the writing to show the depth of the characters, rather than relying on the actors to show that depth, because not all actors are able to show their characters depth when the writing is so horrible. I'm looking forward to a change and seeing what Passanante can bring.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Are you looking forward to Passanante taking over as associate HW come Sept? Empty Re: Are you looking forward to Passanante taking over as associate HW come Sept?

Post by Chris Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:55 am

While I'm 'curious,' I wouldn't exactly say that I was 'looking forward to it.' JP has her own set of issues and fatal flaws. Remember, she was head-writer of OLTL before, and it wasn't Emmy-caliber. However, I am (like I said) 'curious' to see how well RC and JP either temper, or cancel, each other out.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 22, 2024 2:22 am