CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+6
AtownPeep
Tony Marino
Forgiveness Man
Supernova
Cheaps
Chris
10 posters

It's Christmas Eve: any traditions?

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

It's Christmas Eve: any traditions? Empty It's Christmas Eve: any traditions?

Post by Chris Sat Dec 24, 2011 7:11 am

Do you tend to do anything in particular on Christmas Eve?
    Cheaps
    Cheaps
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 252

It's Christmas Eve: any traditions? Empty Re: It's Christmas Eve: any traditions?

Post by Cheaps Sat Dec 24, 2011 7:14 am

Growing up we were allowed to open up one Christmas gift. My mother is still doing that, but with my nieces and nephews. I just spoke to one of my nephews earlier and he was excited about that.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

It's Christmas Eve: any traditions? Empty Re: It's Christmas Eve: any traditions?

Post by Supernova Sat Dec 24, 2011 11:28 am

Christmas Eve is always a party with the neighbors, we have dinner and trade gifts.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Post by Forgiveness Man Sat Dec 24, 2011 11:34 am

All of our traditions are taking a break lately. But I hope to maintain the dried dough tradition, and eventually restart the "Feast of the 7 Fishes" tradition.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Sat Dec 24, 2011 11:40 am

We do the fish thing, even though I don't eat fish my family still carry's on the tradition with the fish each year. Of course there is plenty of spaghetti to go around as well!
    AtownPeep
    AtownPeep
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 39

Post by AtownPeep Sat Dec 24, 2011 11:56 am

Christmas Eve is always hectic around here. Spending the day with family and doing a bunch of last minute running around. I'm about to get dressed and head out in a lil while and will probably be gone all day.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:55 pm

No.
    Suzi
    Suzi
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 85

Post by Suzi Sat Dec 24, 2011 1:18 pm

It has been the tradition in my family (from as long as I can remember and probably even before) we open gifts on Xmas eve then Xmas day we have Christmas dinner usually early afternoon. About 2 normally. So tonight is the night, since there are only 3 of us we order in Pizza then open the gifts.
    MERRY CHRISTMAS ALL!
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 87

Post by wants2laugh Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:54 pm

When i was a kid my sister would have an open house and over a hundred people would pass thru her doors between noon and 2am christmas eve. Usually do the 7 fishes, then we would put her kids' toys together, get to bed around 5 or so, and then wake up with the kids and have a quick breakfast before dinner started at 3 and lasted til 9. Gotta have all those courses you know and rest between each! lol

Now it seems that all the kids grew up and have their own kids and family stops talking to each other... so it will be a small affair. sad miss the old days tho
    Bluesmama
    Bluesmama
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 43

Post by Bluesmama Sat Dec 24, 2011 3:03 pm

cheaps wrote:Growing up we were allowed to open up one Christmas gift. My mother is still doing that, but with my nieces and nephews. I just spoke to one of my nephews earlier and he was excited about that.

I tried several times to start that very thing in my family but the husband just couldn't go for it. We opened on the Eve while theirs did everything on the day. I still wish we could have done this.
    Bluesmama
    Bluesmama
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 43

Post by Bluesmama Sat Dec 24, 2011 3:06 pm

Nothing really noteable. I do light up numerous candles, and I burn Frankincense to symbolize baby Jesus. Luckily, we like the smell. Usually watch a Christmas movie.

But the weather has been so clear and usually mild that we may go view lighting, too.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 22, 2024 12:40 am