Waiting until Christmas Eve to put the tree up Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Waiting until Christmas Eve to put the tree up

Go down 
+4
Tony Marino
RobbieFTW
Bluesmama
Supernova
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

Waiting until Christmas Eve to put the tree up Empty
PostSubject: Waiting until Christmas Eve to put the tree up   Waiting until Christmas Eve to put the tree up EmptySat Dec 24, 2011 9:01 pm

Some people here have said they do this when that's the time the whole family can be together, I can understand this, but I don't get people who ARE together for all/most of December and still wait until Christmas Eve to put the tree up. We put ours up on December 3rd, to wait until Christmas Eve would be cheated out of 3 weeks of being able to see how pretty it is with all the decorations, especially at night. Does this not make sense to anybody else?
Back to top Go down
Bluesmama
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Bluesmama

Female
Rep : 43

PostSubject: Re: Waiting until Christmas Eve to put the tree up   Waiting until Christmas Eve to put the tree up EmptySat Dec 24, 2011 9:18 pm

Doesn't make a lick o' sense to me at all.

My brother-in-law always waited until Eve to get his tree so he didn't have to pay for it. And they were usually pretty pitiful-looking trees ("Charlie Brown trees," is what we call them).

I wouldn't want to share the decorating of my trees with others. Plus, it takes me two days to do it, anyway, because I put lots of stuff on it and am very particular.
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female

PostSubject: Re: Waiting until Christmas Eve to put the tree up   Waiting until Christmas Eve to put the tree up EmptySat Dec 24, 2011 10:01 pm

My mom, my brother and I decorate it every year and it takes us about an hour. If my father had it his way, we would wait until Christmas Eve, and he doesn't even have to do anything, he just hates everything about Christmas, everything pretty, everything pleasant, etc.
Back to top Go down
Bluesmama
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Bluesmama

Female
Rep : 43

PostSubject: Re: Waiting until Christmas Eve to put the tree up   Waiting until Christmas Eve to put the tree up EmptySat Dec 24, 2011 11:00 pm

Supernova wrote:
My mom, my brother and I decorate it every year and it takes us about an hour. If my father had it his way, we would wait until Christmas Eve, and he doesn't even have to do anything, he just hates everything about Christmas, everything pretty, everything pleasant, etc.

That's too bad he has to be that way, because it makes his loved ones around him work harder at their own enjoyment. Any idea "why" he's that way?
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female

PostSubject: Re: Waiting until Christmas Eve to put the tree up   Waiting until Christmas Eve to put the tree up EmptySat Dec 24, 2011 11:46 pm

Nope. His mother doesn't like to put up a lot of stuff because she has to take it all down by herself and I guess she's always been that way, but she does like Christmas and she does like to decorate some.
Back to top Go down
RobbieFTW
…is Being Fitted For a Crown.
…is Being Fitted For a Crown.
RobbieFTW

Male
Rep : 145

PostSubject: Re: Waiting until Christmas Eve to put the tree up   Waiting until Christmas Eve to put the tree up EmptySun Dec 25, 2011 3:50 am

No thats too late. Latest I ever remember it going up was maybe the week before Xmas but we usually put it up in early Dec.
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male
Rep : 607

PostSubject: Re: Waiting until Christmas Eve to put the tree up   Waiting until Christmas Eve to put the tree up EmptySun Dec 25, 2011 12:16 pm

It takes so long to put everything up that it would not make sense to put it up on Christmas Eve. I have known people that have done that.
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: Waiting until Christmas Eve to put the tree up   Waiting until Christmas Eve to put the tree up EmptySun Dec 25, 2011 12:44 pm

No different than people who leave the tree up after New Years. It's just a tree and it is a hassle putting it up. I don't think it's that big of a deal.
Back to top Go down
Jason B.
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Jason B.

Male
Rep : 70

PostSubject: Re: Waiting until Christmas Eve to put the tree up   Waiting until Christmas Eve to put the tree up EmptySun Dec 25, 2011 1:00 pm

Tony Marino wrote:
It takes so long to put everything up that it would not make sense to put it up on Christmas Eve. I have known people that have done that.

Agree. It's a hassle to pull out the tree and to dig through those strings of lights and other accessories. Can't see bothering doing all that just to have the tree up for a few days. For me putting up the tree is a PROJECT that has to have a lasting reward.
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

PostSubject: Re: Waiting until Christmas Eve to put the tree up   Waiting until Christmas Eve to put the tree up EmptyMon Dec 26, 2011 8:00 pm

I would love to put the tree up on Christmas Eve and take it down on the 26th. I have my home decorated nicely all year long, and don't like the disturbance of the Christmas shit.
Back to top Go down
CeCe
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
CeCe

Rep : 326

PostSubject: Re: Waiting until Christmas Eve to put the tree up   Waiting until Christmas Eve to put the tree up EmptyTue Dec 27, 2011 10:59 am

Jason B. wrote:

Agree. It's a hassle to pull out the tree and to dig through those strings of lights and other accessories. Can't see bothering doing all that just to have the tree up for a few days. For me putting up the tree is a PROJECT that has to have a lasting reward.

That's how it is for me too, especially considering the trouble & expense. By the day after Christmas I don't care if the lights are even turned on. I have tossed it on the 26th before but always have it out before new year. But I want to feel like I got the money's worth out of it lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Waiting until Christmas Eve to put the tree up   Waiting until Christmas Eve to put the tree up Empty

Back to top Go down

Waiting until Christmas Eve to put the tree up
Page 1 of 1