When you lived at home, were your parents decent at taking phone messages for you? Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

When you lived at home, were your parents decent at taking phone messages for you?

Go down 
+5
Bluesmama
Cheaps
wants2laugh
Impact
RedBedroom
9 posters
AuthorMessage
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

When you lived at home, were your parents decent at taking phone messages for you? Empty
PostSubject: When you lived at home, were your parents decent at taking phone messages for you?   When you lived at home, were your parents decent at taking phone messages for you? EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 3:11 am

The child phone answering thread made me think of this. Dad wouldn't dream of taking a message for me. Mom would kinda/sorta take a message, but God Bless her, she sucked at it. In high school, she would tell me, "A boy called. Not sure if it was Gary but it sounded a lot like him." Gary was the MOST popular boy and only called me when he would be at the basketball court so I despised that Mom basically said it "could have been" Gary with almost every male phone call!
Back to top Go down
Impact
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Impact

Male
Rep : 75

When you lived at home, were your parents decent at taking phone messages for you? Empty
PostSubject: Re: When you lived at home, were your parents decent at taking phone messages for you?   When you lived at home, were your parents decent at taking phone messages for you? EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 3:14 am

They were ok. Never wrote anything down, they would just say "So and So" called.
Back to top Go down
wants2laugh
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
wants2laugh

Female
Rep : 87

PostSubject: Re: When you lived at home, were your parents decent at taking phone messages for you?   When you lived at home, were your parents decent at taking phone messages for you? EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 3:25 am

ROFLMAO! My mom taking a message is almost as funny as the apple pies she swears she baked but never did!!!!
Back to top Go down
Cheaps
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Cheaps

Female
Rep : 252

PostSubject: Re: When you lived at home, were your parents decent at taking phone messages for you?   When you lived at home, were your parents decent at taking phone messages for you? EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 3:30 am

Stepdad was never good, but my mas was decent.
Back to top Go down
Bluesmama
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Bluesmama

Female
Rep : 43

PostSubject: Re: When you lived at home, were your parents decent at taking phone messages for you?   When you lived at home, were your parents decent at taking phone messages for you? EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 3:52 am

I can't remember my mom ever hand-writing a message, she would just tell me. Unless she was pissed at me, then she'd not bother.
Back to top Go down
wants2laugh
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
wants2laugh

Female
Rep : 87

PostSubject: Re: When you lived at home, were your parents decent at taking phone messages for you?   When you lived at home, were your parents decent at taking phone messages for you? EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 3:56 am

what was funnier than the message thing was that my dad tried to put a lock on the phone! On the old rotary phones, you could literally put a lock on to prevent dialing. This was back in the day when you had long distance and toll calls. With three teenagers, our phone bill was really high. My sister Gail learned how to pick the lock and dad flipped!

He even changed the number and did not give it to anyone including my mom cause he said he couldnt take the phone ringing anymore! When someone dialed the number, my mom asked what number they were dialing, then had to have someone call the number back to see if it was our house! seriously happened!
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

PostSubject: Re: When you lived at home, were your parents decent at taking phone messages for you?   When you lived at home, were your parents decent at taking phone messages for you? EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 10:06 am

I never had messages to take unless the library called about something on loan. Usually it was the other way around and I took messages for them.
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male
Rep : 607

PostSubject: Re: When you lived at home, were your parents decent at taking phone messages for you?   When you lived at home, were your parents decent at taking phone messages for you? EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 1:30 pm

My Mom would take a message for me but eventually I ended up getting my own phone line with an answering machine.
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: When you lived at home, were your parents decent at taking phone messages for you?   When you lived at home, were your parents decent at taking phone messages for you? EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 6:29 pm

For the most part. They could remember who called.
Back to top Go down
CatEyes10736
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
CatEyes10736

Female
Rep : 126

PostSubject: Re: When you lived at home, were your parents decent at taking phone messages for you?   When you lived at home, were your parents decent at taking phone messages for you? EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 6:56 pm

They were good about remembering names and would take the number down if necessary. By the time I was 15 I had my own phone.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: When you lived at home, were your parents decent at taking phone messages for you?   When you lived at home, were your parents decent at taking phone messages for you? Empty

Back to top Go down

When you lived at home, were your parents decent at taking phone messages for you?
Page 1 of 1