Foods you make from scratch Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Foods you make from scratch

Go down 
+4
Nystyle709
Bluesmama
Supernova
Chris
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

Foods you make from scratch Empty
PostSubject: Foods you make from scratch   Foods you make from scratch EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 2:36 pm

Are there any foods that you know how to make from scratch?
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

PostSubject: Re: Foods you make from scratch   Foods you make from scratch EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 2:38 pm

White fruitcake
Cornbread
Meatloaf
Lasagna
cake
cookies
pizza dough
potato soup
Rice Krispie treats
Waffles
Back to top Go down
Bluesmama
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Bluesmama

Female
Rep : 43

PostSubject: Re: Foods you make from scratch   Foods you make from scratch EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 5:37 pm

Sloppy Joes
Chili
Stew
once in awhile, spaghetti (most of the time I "dress up" canned sauce)
Mashed potatoes
Meatloaf
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: Foods you make from scratch   Foods you make from scratch EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 6:45 pm

A few things...esp baked goods.
Back to top Go down
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male
Rep : 219

PostSubject: Re: Foods you make from scratch   Foods you make from scratch EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 9:17 pm

Bluesmama wrote:
Sloppy Joes
Chili
Stew
once in awhile, spaghetti (most of the time I "dress up" canned sauce)
Mashed potatoes
Meatloaf
I used to make all of those foods when I worked in a group home and cooked for about 10 ppl.

At home I make vegetarian foods, like chili mac, stuffed pepper, soups, and something I call a Mexican Lasagna, which is layers of chili beans, chili sauce, cheese, and corn tortillas.

Oh, and banana pudding.
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

PostSubject: Re: Foods you make from scratch   Foods you make from scratch EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 10:38 pm

Super, is cornbread from scratch difficult to make?
Back to top Go down
CeCe
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
CeCe

Rep : 326

PostSubject: Re: Foods you make from scratch   Foods you make from scratch EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 11:11 pm

cake, brownies, things like that. I finally proved to myself that I CAN make a cheesecake. So yeah...that's a lot of desserty things lol
Back to top Go down
wants2laugh
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
wants2laugh

Female
Rep : 87

PostSubject: Re: Foods you make from scratch   Foods you make from scratch EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 2:36 am

wow! Smile I really need that new cookware to start making the yummy things you all do! lol

I havent made anything from scratch since 7th grade home ec class! lol
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

PostSubject: Re: Foods you make from scratch   Foods you make from scratch EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 2:56 am

RedBedroom wrote:
Super, is cornbread from scratch difficult to make?

Naaa, you just get a can of cornmeal and it has the recipe on the side, it's like cornmeal, milk, egg, salt, etc., very easy but nobody else in this family likes it, they prefer the mix, which I used to eat as a kid but can't stand now because the grainy texture has a tendency to rub off on my tongue and gums. And oddly enough they say the same thing about scratch cornbread but I don't get it from that one. Though I buy white cornmeal so maybe that has something to do with it because we all know how yellow the mixes are.
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

PostSubject: Re: Foods you make from scratch   Foods you make from scratch EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 4:03 am

Supernova wrote:

Naaa, you just get a can of cornmeal and it has the recipe on the side, it's like cornmeal, milk, egg, salt, etc., very easy but nobody else in this family likes it, they prefer the mix, which I used to eat as a kid but can't stand now because the grainy texture has a tendency to rub off on my tongue and gums. And oddly enough they say the same thing about scratch cornbread but I don't get it from that one. Though I buy white cornmeal so maybe that has something to do with it because we all know how yellow the mixes are.

Maybe I will get a can of white cornmeal. We all love corn bread, but I only have done the Jiffy mix.
Back to top Go down
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male
Rep : 219

PostSubject: Re: Foods you make from scratch   Foods you make from scratch EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 10:56 am

RedBedroom wrote:
Maybe I will get a can of white cornmeal. We all love corn bread, but I only have done the Jiffy mix.

Actually, I prefer the yellow cornmeal, which does tend to be coarser ground. It more resembles the cornbread I grew up with in Mississippi, where it is a staple at most meals.

That, BTW is something I made from scratch when I baked. I don't use an oven at all now, but you can also make fried corn bread on the stove top (like a stiff pancake).

I use self-rising yellow cornmeal with a small amount of self-rising flour (for the gluten to help hold it together)maybe one-fourth. Mix that with an egg and a little milk to the right consistency (not runny) and add a little sugar because it tends to be bitter without. (I don't like most commercially baked cornbread because the make it sweet like cake) Put in an oiled skillet and bake or pour into an oiled skillet to fry.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Foods you make from scratch   Foods you make from scratch Empty

Back to top Go down

Foods you make from scratch
Page 1 of 1