Are you more likely to try to see a movie if it's been nominated for an Oscar? Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Are you more likely to try to see a movie if it's been nominated for an Oscar?

Go down 
+7
CeCe
Cheaps
Shale
Supernova
wants2laugh
Tony Marino
Chris
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

Are you more likely to try to see a movie if it's been nominated for an Oscar? Empty
PostSubject: Are you more likely to try to see a movie if it's been nominated for an Oscar?   Are you more likely to try to see a movie if it's been nominated for an Oscar? EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 2:55 pm

When you hear that such and such film has been nominated for an Academy Award, does that more entice you to wanna see it?
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male
Rep : 607

Are you more likely to try to see a movie if it's been nominated for an Oscar? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Are you more likely to try to see a movie if it's been nominated for an Oscar?   Are you more likely to try to see a movie if it's been nominated for an Oscar? EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 2:56 pm

Not really there have been some movies that were given Oscars that really didn't deserve them.
Back to top Go down
wants2laugh
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
wants2laugh

Female
Rep : 87

PostSubject: Re: Are you more likely to try to see a movie if it's been nominated for an Oscar?   Are you more likely to try to see a movie if it's been nominated for an Oscar? EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 2:57 pm

nope! I hate critics. I remember seeing traffic in the movies and it was supposed to be soooo great. The whole movie I was wondering what all these scenes had to do with each other! i hated it
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

PostSubject: Re: Are you more likely to try to see a movie if it's been nominated for an Oscar?   Are you more likely to try to see a movie if it's been nominated for an Oscar? EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 3:14 pm

Never.
Back to top Go down
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male
Rep : 219

PostSubject: Re: Are you more likely to try to see a movie if it's been nominated for an Oscar?   Are you more likely to try to see a movie if it's been nominated for an Oscar? EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 3:24 pm

No, I go to movies to be entertained and quite often the best movies are not my fare.

Now, I will go see, Easy A, Kick Ass, I Am Number 4, & Twilight if they are nominated for an Academy Award.
yeah right
Back to top Go down
Cheaps
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Cheaps

Female
Rep : 252

PostSubject: Re: Are you more likely to try to see a movie if it's been nominated for an Oscar?   Are you more likely to try to see a movie if it's been nominated for an Oscar? EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 3:38 pm

No, I usually stick to my favorite genres and word of mouth.
Back to top Go down
CeCe
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
CeCe

Rep : 326

PostSubject: Re: Are you more likely to try to see a movie if it's been nominated for an Oscar?   Are you more likely to try to see a movie if it's been nominated for an Oscar? EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 3:48 pm

Not really. I'm more likely to see a movie I already know something about or on someone's recommendation.
Back to top Go down
Jason B.
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Jason B.

Male
Rep : 70

PostSubject: Re: Are you more likely to try to see a movie if it's been nominated for an Oscar?   Are you more likely to try to see a movie if it's been nominated for an Oscar? EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 3:58 pm

Not at all. I'm usually ignorant to 80% of the films nominated every year.
Back to top Go down
Bluesmama
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Bluesmama

Female
Rep : 43

PostSubject: Re: Are you more likely to try to see a movie if it's been nominated for an Oscar?   Are you more likely to try to see a movie if it's been nominated for an Oscar? EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 4:52 pm

Nope. I often don't agree with the critics, or the Academy, anyway.
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: Are you more likely to try to see a movie if it's been nominated for an Oscar?   Are you more likely to try to see a movie if it's been nominated for an Oscar? EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 6:49 pm

Yeah, what everybody else said.
Back to top Go down
FireIce918
…is Authorized.
…is Authorized.
FireIce918

Female
Rep : 8

PostSubject: Re: Are you more likely to try to see a movie if it's been nominated for an Oscar?   Are you more likely to try to see a movie if it's been nominated for an Oscar? EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 12:11 am

Naw, most of those movies sucked anyway. Or were probably good for the time, but years later it's like, WTF?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Are you more likely to try to see a movie if it's been nominated for an Oscar?   Are you more likely to try to see a movie if it's been nominated for an Oscar? Empty

Back to top Go down

Are you more likely to try to see a movie if it's been nominated for an Oscar?
Page 1 of 1