CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+7
Jason B.
Bluesmama
Shale
Cheaps
wants2laugh
Supernova
Chris
11 posters

Have the police ever come to your door?

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Have the police ever come to your door? Empty Have the police ever come to your door?

Post by Chris Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:18 pm

Have you ever had the police come to your door? If so, why?
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Have the police ever come to your door? Empty Re: Have the police ever come to your door?

Post by Supernova Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:21 pm

Yes, once was about 18 years ago to serve papers on us because our dog scratched a girl when she ran by him, but everyone said he bit her and we were warned if he bit anyone else he would be put to death.

And the other time was about 4 years ago I guess, our dog had been bitten, and it was actually the second time in a couple of weeks but it was the first time they bothered coming out, but were of no help because they expected US to catch the big mean dog in the dark to see if it had tags, and by the time they came it was long gone and never found.
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 87

Have the police ever come to your door? Empty Re: Have the police ever come to your door?

Post by wants2laugh Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:23 pm

A ton of times. When I was a kid, they came to the door and told us a neighbor three doors down had a gun and was threatening to shoot his family. They were evacuating the neighbors. However, they had the wrong address, the guy they wanted was right next door and the SWAT team needed to be repositioned. They kept us in our house on the floor with mattresses against the walls to protect us from possible bullet fire.

When my sister became schizophrenic, she routinely called the police saying that i killed my mother. The police would show up periodically to check on me and my mom. At first to check my mom's welfare, and later to check on me that my sister did not do something violent to me.

Cheaps
    Cheaps
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 252

Post by Cheaps Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:34 pm

A few times, mainly for noise.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:37 pm

Let's see, my buddy Charles came to my door when we were cops, does that count?

I have been served subpoenas by officers of the court.

Once, when I was young and in New Orleans the cops came to my door because a perp they had said he lived there. I said no, they could put him up for the night.

Then there was the time I chased a burglar out of our apt and called the police. They dusted for prints which was a waste (and a mess).

But no, they never came to my door to take me away or anything like that.
    Bluesmama
    Bluesmama
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 43

Post by Bluesmama Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:41 pm

Twice. Once because a neighbor called when my daughter beat the hell out of her son, who came to the house and provoked things (you know how kids are). We were not home when it happened.

The other time is when I thought someone was on our roof. Sounded like more than one person stomping around out there. I dialed 9-1-1. Turned out to be pine cones pelting on the roof that hard. The cop even drew his gun in the back yard when one fell near him. Embarrassing. Oddly enough, I've never noticed pine cones to pound that heavily since, and we've had worse storms than that one.
    Jason B.
    Jason B.
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 70

Post by Jason B. Thu Dec 29, 2011 4:14 pm

Nope.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Thu Dec 29, 2011 4:21 pm

A couple times. When the neighbor's house was vandalized & when the guy down the street was trippin'
    zthatzmanz28
    zthatzmanz28
    …is Significant.
    …is Significant.

Male
    Rep : 13

Post by zthatzmanz28 Thu Dec 29, 2011 4:38 pm

About a month ago, there is some idiot pounding on my door at 10:00pm on a Sunday. Where we live is a dead end circular development with very little traffic. I considered grabbing by .357 but decided not to. Last time someone beat on my door at night it was the old lady behind us looking for her kitty and I am standing there with my magnum as she calls "HERE KITTY, KITTY" As I open the door there are 4 sheriff cars, on in the drive. One sheriff standing at the foot of the porch, 3 at the end of the drive and another walking out from the backside of the house. All have their hands perched on their holster and one asks if Michael XXX is in the house. I say no. They all look at each other like maybe I am lying. I say he does not nor has he ever lived here with me and my wife. By coincidence he has the same last name. They all head back to their cars and leave.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:53 pm

Yes, a few times. Once when they served me with papers when I got sued.
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 87

Post by wants2laugh Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:18 am

Bluesmama wrote:Twice. Once because a neighbor called when my daughter beat the hell out of her son, who came to the house and provoked things (you know how kids are). We were not home when it happened.

The other time is when I thought someone was on our roof. Sounded like more than one person stomping around out there. I dialed 9-1-1. Turned out to be pine cones pelting on the roof that hard. The cop even drew his gun in the back yard when one fell near him. Embarrassing. Oddly enough, I've never noticed pine cones to pound that heavily since, and we've had worse storms than that one.

LMAO!

That is something I would do! Reminds me of my dog. I was throwing a ball to my dog who was jumping in the air to catch it. All of a sudden, my dog started barking viciously at the wall/ceiling. I thought someone was up there so I let the dog out---a 100 pound dalmatian that would bite! She quieted down, we went back to playing ball, and she did it again. Eventually, I realized that when she jumped in the air, she could see herself in the mirror and was barking at herself! lol

my mom once called the police saying she heard gunshots and it turned out to be the cat's water fountain! lol
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:35 am

In Chicago, my parents rented the upper apt. The tenants' son was wanted. They came to our door one night, late at night and got right in.

A couple years ago, I had a cop come to my back patio door which totally freaked me out. There was a robbery at a local strip mall and they were looking for a suspect.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 6:09 am