CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+6
MFD10
binky04
Chris
stavdash
Tony Marino
AtownPeep
10 posters

Russell Crowe and Beyoncé to star in remake of 'A Star Is Born'

AtownPeep
    AtownPeep
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 39

Russell Crowe and Beyoncé to star in remake of 'A Star Is Born' Empty Russell Crowe and Beyoncé to star in remake of 'A Star Is Born'

Post by AtownPeep Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:11 pm

Russell Crowe and Beyoncé to star in remake of 'A Star Is Born'

:affraid:

Oh Lord, I can smell the stink already.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Russell Crowe and Beyoncé to star in remake of 'A Star Is Born' Empty Re: Russell Crowe and Beyoncé to star in remake of 'A Star Is Born'

Post by Tony Marino Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:00 pm

AtownPeep wrote:Russell Crowe and Beyoncé to star in remake of 'A Star Is Born'

:affraid:

Oh Lord, I can smell the stink already.

What is this the 3rd re-make, we had Judy Garland, Barbra Streisand and now Beyonce and Crowe?? Thats a very odd couple there.

Russell Crowe and Beyoncé to star in remake of 'A Star Is Born' Jawdrop15967202vf4
    stavdash
    stavdash
    …is Significant.
    …is Significant.

Female
    Rep : 7

Russell Crowe and Beyoncé to star in remake of 'A Star Is Born' Empty Re: Russell Crowe and Beyoncé to star in remake of 'A Star Is Born'

Post by stavdash Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:47 am

Hollywood is remake mad right now. What's happening right now is a generational shift, where these older movies are starting to become less recognizable or iconic in modern day pop culture, and so directors & studios are pouncing on them to hijack some of their old glory and to get out of coming up with new ideas. The mere idea of Beyoncé and Russell Crowe in a film together is a jeer-prone film critics wet dream.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:38 am

Just on name alone, it's hard not to be instantly skeptical. Plus it's a remake too...
    binky04
    binky04
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Female
    Rep : 3

Post by binky04 Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:46 pm

It is a sad day indeed when Russell Crowe needs Beyonce to boost his star rating this girl is just a modern day Diana Ross......beautiful and hardworking with a okay voice don't get upset she has talent but Mariah has got a voice I mean Diana was a Diva but she can't out sing Patti{as in Label}
    MFD10
    MFD10
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Female
    Rep : 0

Post by MFD10 Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:38 am

You know that'll be a fluffy, pretentious and generic spectacle.
    onchee
    onchee
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Female
    Rep : 3

Post by onchee Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:45 am

Hollywood has run out of scripts so they have to keep making these crappy redo-overs...I just read they are remaking the 80's bomb Red Dawn...don't get me wrong I love Patrick Swayze but that movie stunk...I don't watch any remakes of movies or TV shows, its an insult to me as a fan of the original

Onchee
    Alden
    Alden
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Male

Post by Alden Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:56 am

Everything is a remake these days. Big AND small screen (they're doing a remake of PARENTHOOD for petesake). I don't think the industry has fully recovered from the '08 writers strike.
    mindfuck
    mindfuck
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Male

Post by mindfuck Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:59 am

Who wants to take bets now on how low this'll be rated @ Rotten Tomatoes?
    AtownPeep
    AtownPeep
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 39

Post by AtownPeep Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:39 am

MINDFUCK wrote:Who wants to take bets now on how low this'll be rated @ Rotten Tomatoes?

...or how low it will be rated at IMDB.
    Impact
    Impact
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 75

Post by Impact Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:59 pm

Just the names tell me that it's gonna be a train wreck.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 1:25 pm