CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+2
Shale
CeCe
6 posters

Arun Sandhukha, Indian Man, Dies After Penis Allegedly Bitten Off By Rats

CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Arun Sandhukha, Indian Man, Dies After Penis Allegedly Bitten Off By Rats  Empty Arun Sandhukha, Indian Man, Dies After Penis Allegedly Bitten Off By Rats

Post by CeCe Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:03 pm

Arun Sandhukha, Indian Man, Dies After Penis Allegedly Bitten Off By Rats

First Posted: 12/30/11 07:03 PM ET Updated: 12/30/11 07:24 PM ET

An Indian man who died in a state-run hospital is alleged to have had his penis chewed off by rats, Asian Age newspaper reports.

Arun Sandhukha, 53, had been a pneumonia patient at SSKM Hospital in Kolkata (formerly Calcutta) since December 11. According to the newspaper, his family members arrived at the hospital for a visit and found him in a pool of blood, with no medical staff in sight.

"No nurse was found at the scene and he was writhing in pain. His penis had been nibbled by rats," a victim's relative identified as Bishwanath said. The relative said that hospital staff "admitted the presence of rats in the hospital."

Later in the day, Sandhukha was pronounced dead. (Asian Age published its story on December 24, but it is not clear on what day the incident occurred.)

The horrific story is only the latest in a string of medical mishaps to capture the Indian public's attention. On December 23, a government doctor was found to be practicing medicine while inebriated, reports The Statesman.

In a more serious case, a drunk medical worker "was reported to have pulled off the oxygen mask of a three-week old baby that led to her death," reports the Malaysian National News Agency Bernama.

And in a tragedy that made international headlines, 89 people were killed when a fire swept through a Kolkata hospital on December 9. Medical staff abandoned patients as the blaze spread, and six administrators were charged with culpable homicide.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/12/30/arun-sandhukha-penis-bitten-off-by-rats_n_1177031.html
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Arun Sandhukha, Indian Man, Dies After Penis Allegedly Bitten Off By Rats  Empty Re: Arun Sandhukha, Indian Man, Dies After Penis Allegedly Bitten Off By Rats

Post by Shale Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:10 pm

Egad! Quite frankly, if rats chewed off my penis, I think I would just as soon cash in. (Please, no jokes about dick cheese)

India is a scary place. Largely unsupervised and unregulated in areas where it is necessary.

Oh, and I had surgery at a small hospital in India in the '70s. Nothing modern, the OR was on the second floor to cut down on dust as it was open air. I walked up the stairs rather than let these two small Indian guys carry me up on a stretcher. But, surgery went OK and only cost me $50.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Arun Sandhukha, Indian Man, Dies After Penis Allegedly Bitten Off By Rats  Empty Re: Arun Sandhukha, Indian Man, Dies After Penis Allegedly Bitten Off By Rats

Post by CeCe Sat Dec 31, 2011 4:04 pm

I can't even imagine the level of neglect & ineptitude required for something like this to happen.
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Post by Marc™ Sat Dec 31, 2011 5:19 pm

Thank God there were no pics.
    zthatzmanz28
    zthatzmanz28
    …is Significant.
    …is Significant.

Male
    Rep : 13

Post by zthatzmanz28 Sat Dec 31, 2011 6:47 pm

This is what happens when rats are denied adequate access to a nutritious food source. The rodents have to settle for tube steak..
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Sat Dec 31, 2011 7:18 pm

Craziness.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Sat Dec 31, 2011 9:19 pm

Wow

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 9:06 am