CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+8
mindfuck
Chris
Nhaiyel
Marc™
RobbieFTW
stavdash
MFD10
JADACITY
12 posters

John Mayers racist comments in Playboy

JADACITY
    JADACITY
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Male
    Rep : 0

John Mayers racist comments in Playboy Empty John Mayers racist comments in Playboy

Post by JADACITY Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:54 am

MAYER: It depends on what I picked up. My two biggest hits are “Your Body Is a Wonderland” and “Daughters.” If you think those songs are pandering, then you’ll think I’m a douche bag. It’s like I come on very strong. I am a very…I’m just very. V-E-R-Y. And if you can’t handle very, then I’m a douche bag. But I think the world needs a little very. That’s why black people love me.

PLAYBOY: Because you’re very?

MAYER: Someone asked me the other day, “What does it feel like now to have a hood pass?” And by the way, it’s sort of a contradiction in terms, because if you really had a hood pass, you could call it a n****r pass. Why are you pulling a punch and calling it a hood pass if you really have a hood pass? But I said, “I can’t really have a hood pass. I’ve never walked into a restaurant, asked for a table and been told, ‘We’re full.’"

PLAYBOY: It is true; a lot of rappers love you. You recorded with Common and Kanye West, played live with Jay-Z.

MAYER: What is being black? It’s making the most of your life, not taking a single moment for granted. Taking something that’s seen as a struggle and making it work for you, or you’ll die inside. Not to say that my struggle is like the collective struggle of black America. But maybe my struggle is similar to one black dude’s.

PLAYBOY: Do black women throw themselves at you?

MAYER: I don’t think I open myself to it. My dick is sort of like a white supremacist. I’ve got a Benetton heart and a fuckin’ David Duke cock. I’m going to start dating separately from my dick.

PLAYBOY: Let’s put some names out there. Let’s get specific.

MAYER: I always thought Holly Robinson Peete was gorgeous. Every white dude loved Hilary from The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air. And Kerry Washington. She’s superhot, and she’s also white-girl crazy. Kerry Washington would break your heart like a white girl. Just all of a sudden she’d be like, “Yeah, I sucked his dick. Whatever.” And you’d be like, “What? We weren’t talking about that.” That’s what “Heartbreak Warfare” is all about, when a girl uses jealousy as a tactic.
    MFD10
    MFD10
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Female

John Mayers racist comments in Playboy Empty Re: John Mayers racist comments in Playboy

Post by MFD10 Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:08 am

I find it interesting that his response was actually a deflection of the question asked of him. "Do you think black women throw themselves at you?" Either they do it or they don't. You have no control over it. He doesn't have the jedi mind trick mastered that well. Apparently the answer is NO, which if he thinks about it is probably a blow to his ego and so to save face he makes silly analogies to his having dueling Benetton and David Duke complexes.

What a fool.
    JADACITY
    JADACITY
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Male

John Mayers racist comments in Playboy Empty Re: John Mayers racist comments in Playboy

Post by JADACITY Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:31 am

He always likes to posture himself as "candid" & "witty," and lately it's been making him look like a buffoon. So his penis is a white supremacist? What does that mean? The fact that this comes after Mayer openly heckled a Pakistani comedian, saying that he looked brown but talks like a white guy, only makes it MORE conspicuous. There are better ways to say things but there is a only one way if you're a racist. Get a little booze in you and the truth comes out. Just ask Mel Gibson.
    stavdash
    stavdash
    …is Significant.
    …is Significant.

Female
    Rep : 7

Post by stavdash Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:05 am

I couldn't care less who (or what color) he chooses to date. Whatever. Everyone has a right to their "preferences," biases...or whatever you wanna call them. The larger issue is to refer to his genitals as white supremacist w/o consideration of the weight of those words to a community that has suffered almost endlessly because of it. It was disrespectful, it was demeaning, it was minimizing, and it was egregious to every beautiful black woman; to every female freedom train rider; to every former slave; to every black activist, mother, grandmother, daughter, person that has ever been dealt the mighty blow of racism.

Do I think John Mayer is racist? I don't know him personally to confirm or deny that. The statements he made including the use of the word "n****r" certainly were or at least alluded to racism in some way.

My friend you will never have a "hood pass." To make the statement is to suggest that every black woman is from some sort of hood - usually a poorer community riddled with violence and drugs... that is an inappropriate and media endorsed assessment of a culture on the rise. The only "pass" you get is mine on your next album. Won't be buying it (just like I didn't the last one.) Do go away now.
    RobbieFTW
    RobbieFTW
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.

Male
    Rep : 145

Post by RobbieFTW Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:35 am

I wish he'd just go the fuck away. I find him repulsive physically and that black hole of a personality just exacerbates his unattractiveness. Add to that his bland, boring music and his cotton mouth style of singing and you've got someone who is virtually useless all around.
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Post by Marc™ Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:43 am

His dick is a white supremest? 🤡
    Nhaiyel
    Nhaiyel
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 123

Post by Nhaiyel Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:16 am

When I hear other African-American women discuss their 'choice' white male celebrity, I often hear names tossed around like McCaughnehey...Pitt...or even Clooney...but I can't recall a single instance of Mayer's name ever being thrown up as a palatable choice of who to swirl with. So do black women throw themselves at him? Eh. My guess is no, not really. It's ok, Johnny...you and Tiger keep fighting over them blonds. LaKeisha and LaToya ain't losing no sleep over your penises lack of blood flow where they're concerned. However, you could have used a different choice of words to explain it.

Last edited by Nhaiyel on Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:35 am; edited 1 time in total
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

John Mayers racist comments in Playboy Empty John Mayer Breaks Down During Onstage Apology After Playboy Interview [Video]

Post by Chris Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:34 am

John Mayer had a break down during an onstage apology and sounded like he was in tears. During the onstage apology, Mayer apologized to his band members after his Playboy Interview made headlines on Wednesday over his comments about Black women and his private parts. While on stage John Mayer claimed to have lost himself and tried to be witty during the interview when asked about Black women. Mayer continued by saying “I quit the media game. I’m out. I’m done. I just want to play my guitar.”

This was John Mayer's second public apology as he also apologized on his twitter page. “It’s such a shame that I [used the N-word] because the point I was trying to make was in the exact opposite spirit of the word itself. It was arrogant of me to think I could intellectualize using it, because I realize that there’s no intellectualizing a word that is so emotionally charged… I wanted to be a blues guitar player. And a singer. And a songwriter. Not a shock jock. I don’t have the stomach for it." You can see John Mayer's full twitter apology by clicking here.

His full 3 minute break down apology on stage at the Sommet Center on Wednesday night (February 10) in Nashville, Tenn. can be seen below in the video.

mindfuck
    mindfuck
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Male

Post by mindfuck Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:47 pm

Been saying that Mayer's a douche for a long time now. Maybe now people will listen.
    NIKOL99
    NIKOL99
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Female

Post by NIKOL99 Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:12 pm

His words were disappointing but trust me I'll live. Even though I wasn't a FAN per se, I had a casual appreciation for his music and performing persona and I admit that now that appreciation has pretty much frozen, but whatever. Lately his candid talk has done nothing for his image. He was better off before he started giving interviews.

Last edited by Nikol99 on Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:49 am; edited 1 time in total
    CatEyes10736
    CatEyes10736
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 126

Post by CatEyes10736 Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:41 pm

John usually comes off charming and funny in his televised interviews, but for some reason his wit doesn't translate well in print. I think he should just shut up and play.
    RiteDiva
    RiteDiva
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Female
    Rep : 8

Post by RiteDiva Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:25 am

Nhaiyel wrote:When I hear other African-American women discuss their 'choice' white male celebrity, I often hear names tossed around like McCaughnehey...Pitt...or even Clooney...but I can't recall a single instance of Mayer's name ever being thrown up as a palatable choice of who to swirl with. So do black women throw themselves at him? Eh. My guess is no, not really. It's ok, Johnny...you and Tiger keep fighting over them blonds. LaKeisha and LaToya ain't losing no sleep over your penises lack of blood flow where they're concerned. However, you could have used a different choice of words to explain it.

Quoted for truth.
    Quite frankly I couldn't care less about his lack of interest in black women.
    By and large, black women don't salivate over John Mayer either.
    If I were to feign outrage over anything here, it would be his gluttonous use (abuse) of the N-word.
    JM130ELM
    JM130ELM
    …is Necessary.
    …is Necessary.

Male
    Rep : 32

Post by JM130ELM Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:19 am

I'm black and I don't think it's that big a deal.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 7:15 am