CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

3 posters

Worst school moment?

wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 87

Worst school moment? Empty Worst school moment?

Post by wants2laugh Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:24 am

I was once told by a guidance counselor that although my grades were good and i had teacher recommendation, I could not be entered into an honors program/Advanced Placement program because of my standardized test scores from 3 years prior! REALLY???? He even went so far to tell me that i needed an IQ of a certain score, and I was 2 points under the minimum.

I forged my mom's signature on waivers saying that my mother absolve the school of all responsibility if i failed the classes. I did well and graduated at the top of my class...

but WHY should a kid have to fight to get in a program? Shouldnt teachers/counselors ENCOURAGE ambition and advancement??? they should have offered me tutoring help if i wanted it.. instead of discouraging me and telling me i wasnt good enough!
    Bluesmama
    Bluesmama
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 43

Worst school moment? Empty Re: Worst school moment?

Post by Bluesmama Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:58 pm

Especially since you were so close, y'know?

Anyway, I doubt it was my worst, but my most embarrassing school moment was getting caught cheating on a test. Don't know why I did it ~ must not have studied. The teacher didn't raise a fuss, she just picked up my papers and took them. But it was obvious to the class what happened, and I felt so humiliated and furious with myself. Did apologize to the teacher.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:41 am

wants2laugh wrote:I was once told by a guidance counselor that although my grades were good and i had teacher recommendation, I could not be entered into an honors program/Advanced Placement program because of my standardized test scores from 3 years prior! REALLY???? He even went so far to tell me that i needed an IQ of a certain score, and I was 2 points under the minimum.

I forged my mom's signature on waivers saying that my mother absolve the school of all responsibility if i failed the classes. I did well and graduated at the top of my class...

but WHY should a kid have to fight to get in a program? Shouldnt teachers/counselors ENCOURAGE ambition and advancement??? they should have offered me tutoring help if i wanted it.. instead of discouraging me and telling me i wasnt good enough!

That's shitty. My worst moments are embarrassing, not getting screwed over. There is a tie between the time Dad showed up to a parent meeting drunk and the time I fell from the top of a pyramid in cheerleading.

Last edited by RedBedroom on Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:42 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 22, 2024 4:38 am