Worst school moment? Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Worst school moment?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
wants2laugh
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
wants2laugh

Female
Rep : 87

Worst school moment? Empty
PostSubject: Worst school moment?   Worst school moment? EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 4:24 am

I was once told by a guidance counselor that although my grades were good and i had teacher recommendation, I could not be entered into an honors program/Advanced Placement program because of my standardized test scores from 3 years prior! REALLY???? He even went so far to tell me that i needed an IQ of a certain score, and I was 2 points under the minimum.

I forged my mom's signature on waivers saying that my mother absolve the school of all responsibility if i failed the classes. I did well and graduated at the top of my class...

but WHY should a kid have to fight to get in a program? Shouldnt teachers/counselors ENCOURAGE ambition and advancement??? they should have offered me tutoring help if i wanted it.. instead of discouraging me and telling me i wasnt good enough!
Back to top Go down
Bluesmama
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Bluesmama

Female
Rep : 43

PostSubject: Re: Worst school moment?   Worst school moment? EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 12:58 pm

Especially since you were so close, y'know?

Anyway, I doubt it was my worst, but my most embarrassing school moment was getting caught cheating on a test. Don't know why I did it ~ must not have studied. The teacher didn't raise a fuss, she just picked up my papers and took them. But it was obvious to the class what happened, and I felt so humiliated and furious with myself. Did apologize to the teacher.
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

PostSubject: Re: Worst school moment?   Worst school moment? EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 1:41 am

wants2laugh wrote:
I was once told by a guidance counselor that although my grades were good and i had teacher recommendation, I could not be entered into an honors program/Advanced Placement program because of my standardized test scores from 3 years prior! REALLY???? He even went so far to tell me that i needed an IQ of a certain score, and I was 2 points under the minimum.

I forged my mom's signature on waivers saying that my mother absolve the school of all responsibility if i failed the classes. I did well and graduated at the top of my class...

but WHY should a kid have to fight to get in a program? Shouldnt teachers/counselors ENCOURAGE ambition and advancement??? they should have offered me tutoring help if i wanted it.. instead of discouraging me and telling me i wasnt good enough!

That's shitty. My worst moments are embarrassing, not getting screwed over. There is a tie between the time Dad showed up to a parent meeting drunk and the time I fell from the top of a pyramid in cheerleading.

Last edited by RedBedroom on Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:42 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Worst school moment?   Worst school moment? Empty

Back to top Go down

Worst school moment?
Page 1 of 1