CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

4 posters

time apart from your SO

wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 87

time apart from your SO Empty time apart from your SO

Post by wants2laugh Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:48 am

Do you appreciate time apart from your SO so you both can retained seperate identities and interests? or do you believe a couple should spend as much time together as possible?

I have no problem with my bf spending football sunday screaming at the tv, or playing poker with his friends... however, I expect him to be as understanding when I want to go shopping with my friends.

Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

time apart from your SO Empty Re: time apart from your SO

Post by Nystyle709 Sun Jan 08, 2012 1:42 pm

Every couple needs breathing room. Trust. When you do get together, it makes being together that much better.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:16 pm

Yeah, I never could understand the possesive, clingy relationships. Hate those TV commercials where the stereotypical husband has to ask his wife if he can go play golf, bowl or whatever. IDK what they were selling other than a dysfunctional relationship.

My wife and I hooked up in our 30s so we pretty much had separate lives before joining ours. I was a nudist, she wasn't. I was a vegetarian, she wasn't. I was a gay rights activist, she wasn't. She was female with lots of sisters to jaw-jack with - I wasn't.

We often went our separate ways during our years together. In fact we realized we were a couple in May 1980 when our consecutive 2-week vacations kept us from actually seeing each other for that month - but we made lots of long-distant calls.

Now, for some reason Jim and I were inseperable. After we moved in together we worked together at most jobs in New Orleans, Hialeah & Pittsburgh. And in all our travels we shared a room around the world (or thatched roof cabana or side-by-side hammocks on palm trees under the stars in Tulum) In fact, Jim had to go away somewhere for a week and I stayed in N.O. I did one of those weird things like wearing his unlaundered robe while he was gone. That is such a puppy thing to do. blank stare @ you
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:23 pm

Time apart is good, it works well for me and my SO.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 12:05 am