Books that are better than their movie adaptations Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Books that are better than their movie adaptations

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

Books that are better than their movie adaptations Empty
PostSubject: Books that are better than their movie adaptations   Books that are better than their movie adaptations EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 2:07 am

There's always some, aren't there?

Queen of the Damned by Anne Rice, definitely, that movie was atrocious to say the least.

I Know What You Did Last Summer...I still say that was a rotten thing for the producers to do to Lois Duncan, since they had to have known that her own daughter was brutally murdered, and what do they do? They take a fine suspense piece where only one person dies and turn it into a hack and slash free for all film.

Dracula...I like Bram Stoker's story, I did not care so much for the Bela Lugosi movie...now Nosferatu I liked, but that's a bit of a different matter altogether.

Already I'm drawing a blank here, so does anybody else have some suggestions?
Back to top Go down
Forgiveness Man
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
Forgiveness Man

Male
Rep : 153

PostSubject: Re: Books that are better than their movie adaptations   Books that are better than their movie adaptations EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 8:37 am

Maybe I'll discover more when I started reading more. I can't really think of any I felt met this criteria just yet. (Well partially true, I haven't read The Mist novella but just based on how I know it ends in comparison to the movie, I know it's better. lol)
Back to top Go down
HazelEyes
…is a Newbie.
…is a Newbie.

Female
Rep : 0

PostSubject: Re: Books that are better than their movie adaptations   Books that are better than their movie adaptations EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 11:19 am

Angels & Demons and The Da Vinci Code.

Both great thrillers, although I do prefer Angels & Demons over the much more popular Da Vinci Code. The movies sucked the life right out of them. The books were far too complex to be able to fit into a 2 1/2 hour movie, without omitting entire sections or changing them completely. I do prefer the Angels & Demons film over The Da Vinci Code.
Back to top Go down
pisces33
…is an Up 'N Comer.
…is an Up 'N Comer.
pisces33

Female
Rep : 4

PostSubject: Re: Books that are better than their movie adaptations   Books that are better than their movie adaptations EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 12:31 am

For me it is mostly all books are better than I see on the screen. I sometimes wonder why they pay for the rights to film from a book and then ignore the contents. I remember going to see Dune and never before was so horribly disappointed. They got nothing right and ruined everything.
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

PostSubject: Re: Books that are better than their movie adaptations   Books that are better than their movie adaptations EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 2:00 am

pisces33 wrote:
They got nothing right and ruined everything.

Just like Queen of the Damned. That was a horrible movie.
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

PostSubject: Re: Books that are better than their movie adaptations   Books that are better than their movie adaptations EmptySat Sep 18, 2010 9:51 pm

I think that books are almost always better than the movies they spawn. For me the question should be reversed. Here are a few that I think were faithful:

To Kill a Mockingbird
A Clockwork Orange
Shawshank Redemption
Stand By Me (from the same book as Shawshank)
The Maltese Falcon
The Lord of the Rings
2001: A Space Odessey. OK, to be fair, although the story idea came from a couple of Arthur C. Clarke stories, the screenplay was written primarily by Kubrick and the novel primarily by Clarke, each working simultaneously and also providing feedback to the other.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Books that are better than their movie adaptations   Books that are better than their movie adaptations Empty

Back to top Go down

Books that are better than their movie adaptations
Page 1 of 1