CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+11
Forgiveness Man
GrayWolf
Bluesmama
Nhaiyel
Cheaps
Suzi
Nystyle709
Shale
Supernova
CeCe
Chris
15 posters

Are you surprised by this year's relatively mild winter?

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Are you surprised by this year's relatively mild winter? Empty Are you surprised by this year's relatively mild winter?

Post by Chris Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:34 pm

Seems like this winter season is being a bit on the lazy side. Are you surprised?
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Are you surprised by this year's relatively mild winter? Empty Re: Are you surprised by this year's relatively mild winter?

Post by CeCe Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:39 pm

I am but I'm waiting for that big snow or ice surprise to make up for it.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Are you surprised by this year's relatively mild winter? Empty Re: Are you surprised by this year's relatively mild winter?

Post by Supernova Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:56 pm

I am enjoying it.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:11 pm

Did the fat lady sing?

Today I am sitting here naked again, but for the past couple of days had to put on a shirt. But, no dead iguanas yet so it has been mild so far.

Bump this thread in March.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:58 pm

I'm concerned. All those people who are doubting global warming as a real threat are idiots. It's not supposed to be like this. I'm not complaining about the nice weather, but I know better. Winter is still coming though, so don't get too comfortable.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Post by CeCe Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:33 pm

Nystyle709 wrote:I'm concerned. All those people who are doubting global warming as a real threat are idiots. It's not supposed to be like this. I'm not complaining about the nice weather, but I know better. Winter is still coming though, so don't get too comfortable.
    co-signs
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:34 pm

Nystyle709 wrote:I'm concerned. All those people who are doubting global warming as a real threat are idiots. It's not supposed to be like this. I'm not complaining about the nice weather, but I know better. Winter is still coming though, so don't get too comfortable.

Everybody's saying since we're having a mild winter then we're going to have a very stormy summer.
    Suzi
    Suzi
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 85

Post by Suzi Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:24 pm

We have had a mild winter till 2 days ago. The temp has dropped like a stone and at this moment it is -7°F. Funny how cold it seems to us now yet when we lived in the Yukon this would have seemed a nice balmy day. In fact I remember going on a hike when it was "only" -10F! I'm bitching and complaining cause I have to go shopping tomorrow and I don't want to have to brave the elements. It has also been breezy today, and supposed to be down right windy tomorrow.
    Cheaps
    Cheaps

Female
    Rep : 252

Post by Cheaps Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:37 am

Winters not over yet...
    Nhaiyel
    Nhaiyel
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 123

Post by Nhaiyel Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:52 pm

Basically. It's just been delayed, it is going to hit. And the ax falls hard, everyone comfortable with how mild the season has been will be in for even more of a shock.
    Bluesmama
    Bluesmama
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 43

Post by Bluesmama Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:01 pm

Not surprised, no. But I'm also well-aware that we could end up with another spring to make up for it.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:06 pm

We've got SNOW today.
    GrayWolf
    GrayWolf
    …is Authorized.
    …is Authorized.

Male
    Rep : 36

Post by GrayWolf Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:34 pm

I am shocked by how tame this winter is especially when I think about how brutal last years was. It's 50 some here today. In freaking mid JANUARY.
    Suzi
    Suzi
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 85

Post by Suzi Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:13 pm

Too damn cold here to snow. It was -18F this morning!
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Post by Forgiveness Man Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:31 pm

People who try to assert that this is due to Global Warming are idiots. (Whenever we get a freezing year, we're supposed to ignore it and fall back on the "one cold year doesn't change anything" argument, but one warm winter that isn't even the most snowless on record is somehow proof of Global Warming? It's junk arguments like that which cause people to doubt Global Warming.)

I am not surprised. The weather is an unpredictable SOB. And we've still gotten quite a bit of cold. We'll likely get blasted later.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:37 pm

I'll take as many days of non-freezing temperatures and no snow as long as I can but no way I'm assuming it's going to be like this for the rest of the winter.
    RobbieFTW
    RobbieFTW
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.

Male
    Rep : 145

Post by RobbieFTW Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:00 pm

Relatively mild, my ass . . . it's fucking FREEEEEZZZIIINGGG outside tonight!!
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:13 pm

Forgiveness Man wrote:People who try to assert that this is due to Global Warming are idiots. (Whenever we get a freezing year, we're supposed to ignore it and fall back on the "one cold year doesn't change anything" argument, but one warm winter that isn't even the most snowless on record is somehow proof of Global Warming? It's junk arguments like that which cause people to doubt Global Warming.)

I am not surprised. The weather is an unpredictable SOB. And we've still gotten quite a bit of cold. We'll likely get blasted later.

Have to agree. How about last winter? Worst blizzards a lot of places in the world had gotten for DECADES but oh everything is so much warmer! Yeah right. And now, we can't be entitled to a more tolerable winter without people saying it's something bad?
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:23 pm

Supernova wrote: Have to agree. How about last winter? Worst blizzards a lot of places in the world had gotten for DECADES but oh everything is so much warmer! Yeah right. And now, we can't be entitled to a more tolerable winter without people saying it's something bad?

Go read some more of the FACTS instead of making assumptions about global warming based on this year or the last one or the next one.

Weather changes such as Ice Ages take hundreds of years to happen - as well as global warming in the other extreme.

So, in the midst of global warming you will have freezing winters. But the bigger picture is the recorded global increase in temp, just a couple of degrees, which seem insignificant. Those consistent couple of degrees are already affecting glaciers (remnants of the last ice age). And the polar ice caps are diminishing. Polar bears in the wild may go extinct in your lifetime. Or interbreed with Grizzly's as they share the same turf.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Post by Forgiveness Man Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:27 pm

Supernova wrote:

Have to agree. How about last winter? Worst blizzards a lot of places in the world had gotten for DECADES but oh everything is so much warmer! Yeah right. And now, we can't be entitled to a more tolerable winter without people saying it's something bad?
    It's politicizing the weather plain and simple.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female

Post by Nystyle709 Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:48 pm

Forgiveness Man wrote:It's politicizing the weather plain and simple.

WHAT?! OMG.......... Are you surprised by this year's relatively mild winter? 954338
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female

Post by Nystyle709 Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:50 pm

Supernova wrote:

*shaking my head*. You need to check your facts dear.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:05 pm

bump
    This winter is still going a bit too calmly. In another week and a half, we will only have a month of it left. So far there has been flurries, the occasional stick and some days chillier than others, but still no real blizzard after nearly two months of winter.
    Hyacinth Girl
    Hyacinth Girl
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 70

Post by Hyacinth Girl Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:32 pm

I know if I put my snowblower back in the shed, it will snow, big time. . . .so I'm gonna leave it under the deck forever!! big grin
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Post by CeCe Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:31 pm

I don't think there's been a school weather day at all so far this winter. Very unusual.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:31 am