CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+9
Nystyle709
Forgiveness Man
punkrockprincess07
Marc™
RedBedroom
TPP
Supernova
Alan Smithee
Chris
13 posters

Pregnancies: planned vs. surprised

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Pregnancies: planned vs. surprised Empty Pregnancies: planned vs. surprised

Post by Chris Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:14 am

If you were having a child right now, would you rather their conception have been a surprise to you, or something that was planned?

If you have children; were they planned, or was it a 'ready or not' type of situation? (My situation was the latter.)
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Pregnancies: planned vs. surprised Empty Re: Pregnancies: planned vs. surprised

Post by Alan Smithee Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:16 am

People cause accidents and accidents cause people. But my daughter was planned. I wasn't.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:35 am

I'm kind of torn, on one hand it should be at a time when you're somewhat ready and prepared, but like schoolteachers planning theirs out so it happens when they're out for the summer or something like that...my mother brought that one up and her comment was 'how romantic' Bullshit, to have to plan it out that specifically so your child didn't interfere with your job.
    TPP
    TPP
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 69

Post by TPP Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:59 am

My first, second, and third were planned. My fourth and fifth were the result of me wanting another baby, my husband not wanting another baby but knowing that he always wants them once they are conceived so we compromised by pulling out (sorry, tmi) and apparently that method isn't effective for us OR my wishes are super strong, lol because we ended up with twins from ONE time of that.

I wasn't expecting twins though...

RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:21 pm

My son was not planned. And that is just the way it was. The one thing I will probably regret in life is not having a pregnancy that is filled with a lot of joy because mine was not. Until he got here, of course. And though it was not an easy pregnancy, I knew that whole time that once I held my baby, it wouldn't all seem that bad. And I was right. But it sure would be nice to have a planned pregnancy where money is not an issue and I could relax and enjoy it.
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Post by Marc™ Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:42 pm

My twins were definitely not planned.....definitely not.

Far as planned pregnancies vs accidents surprises go, I'm cool with being OPEN to having kids (if it's happens it happens)....but I don't like the idea of TRYING. Reading books on fertility and every time we have sex, we're crossing our fingers. That seems too frustrating. I'd rather be surprised in a good head space.
    punkrockprincess07
    punkrockprincess07
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Female
    Rep : 4

Post by punkrockprincess07 Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:26 pm

I do not have any children, but when I do, I would like for it to be planned. I would like to have everything in my life together before I decide to bring kids into this world.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Post by Forgiveness Man Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:49 pm

I'll plan my children by controlling when I will or will not place an order for one. Razz
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:40 pm

Marc™ wrote:My twins were definitely not planned.....definitely not.

Far as planned pregnancies vs accidents surprises go, I'm cool with being OPEN to having kids (if it's happens it happens)....but I don't like the idea of TRYING. Reading books on fertility and every time we have sex, we're crossing our fingers. That seems too frustrating. I'd rather be surprised in a good head space.

For the most part. I don't think I'll ever plan my pregnancy. That shit is going to come as a total surprised, even if I'm married.
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female
    Rep : 78

Post by TSJFan4Ever Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:42 pm

Well - I want to adopt, so those kids will definitely be planned, though their actual arrival won't be as planned. I'd like to plan for biologically kids, but surprises are nice, too.

As for teachers planning babies around summer? I think it's great because it gives them extra time with their children. Most teachers have 1 year of mat leave, so having a child at the beginning of summer means an extra two months with your child. I've never known a teacher to plan a child in the summer because she doesn't want it to interfere with her career. It has more to do with being able to spend those extra two months with your baby. Having 1 year of mat leave is going to disrupt your teaching no matter when you have your baby, so why not give yourself an extra two months to be home with the baby, if you can.
    CatEyes10736
    CatEyes10736
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 126

Post by CatEyes10736 Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:42 pm

Marc™ wrote:My twins were definitely not planned.....definitely not.

My pregnancy came about like that. I wanted kids and slowly convinced my BF to jump on the bandwagon of being "open" to it happening, but we weren't trying when it finally happened.
    Impact
    Impact
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 75

Post by Impact Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:33 am

I have 3 kids and none were planned. They were all conceived by "accident", although none of them are.
    MandyPerfumeGirl
    MandyPerfumeGirl
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 26

Post by MandyPerfumeGirl Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:32 pm

punkrockprincess07 wrote:I do not have any children, but when I do, I would like for it to be planned. I would like to have everything in my life together before I decide to bring kids into this world.

co-signs
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Sun Jun 12, 2011 5:59 pm

bump
    Chris, looking back, do you think by starting this topic you jinxed yourself tempted fate?
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female
    Rep : 78

Post by TSJFan4Ever Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:57 am

Not sure - I would just be happy to be having a baby!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 10:05 am