Were your parents strict with you? Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Were your parents strict with you?

Go down 
+10
AtownPeep
Forgiveness Man
Jason B.
Marc™
Nystyle709
Wadsworth
Supernova
Nhaiyel
Tony Marino
Chris
14 posters
AuthorMessage
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

Were your parents strict with you? Empty
PostSubject: Were your parents strict with you?   Were your parents strict with you? EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 9:03 am

Growing up, my parents were semi-strict. I was the youngest, the only boy, and mom and dad were in their mid-late thirties when I was born, so I probably got babied more than my sisters did, but they were a bit overbearing and overprotective. I was a good student, and I think that's what fueled a lot of it. They wanted me to keep that up, so there were things I couldn't do, places I couldn't go and kids I couldn't be friends with.
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male
Rep : 607

PostSubject: Re: Were your parents strict with you?   Were your parents strict with you? EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 9:43 am

I grew up in an Italian, Catholic household and yes they were very strict with all of us but they also taught us how to respect and to appreciate, share and not take for granted.
Back to top Go down
Nhaiyel
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Nhaiyel

Female
Rep : 123

PostSubject: Re: Were your parents strict with you?   Were your parents strict with you? EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 10:35 am

No, not really. My parents were straight up about what was, and wasn't, acceptable. Their message got across, I behaved accordingly, and because of this they were generally fair.
Back to top Go down
http://www.musicfanclubs.org/aaliyah/
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

PostSubject: Re: Were your parents strict with you?   Were your parents strict with you? EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 10:54 am

A bit, yes.
Back to top Go down
Wadsworth
…is Significant.
…is Significant.
Wadsworth

Male
Rep : 16

PostSubject: Re: Were your parents strict with you?   Were your parents strict with you? EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 11:14 am

Moms was but my pops wasnt.
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: Were your parents strict with you?   Were your parents strict with you? EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 11:22 am

Nhaiyel wrote:
No, not really. My parents were straight up about what was, and wasn't, acceptable. Their message got across, I behaved accordingly, and because of this they were generally fair.

Same here. I always tell my mother that she's lucky she never had any problems out of me like most mothers would with teenage daughters, but really...it's only because I was sort of afraid of her. Not that I ever wanted to do any of the things that maybe would've gotten me out of line, but I was a good kid for the most part. My dad was extremely lenient. I could do damn near anything I wanted to around him, but the same rules apply.
Back to top Go down
Marc™
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
Marc™

Male
Rep : 212

PostSubject: Re: Were your parents strict with you?   Were your parents strict with you? EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 11:39 am

Mine weren't strict.
Back to top Go down
Jason B.
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Jason B.

Male
Rep : 70

PostSubject: Re: Were your parents strict with you?   Were your parents strict with you? EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 12:39 pm

Kinda hard to explain. On the surface yes they were strict, but within the confines of that strictness they were lenient enough for me to still get to do what I wanted. Even if I had to go an alternate route. Love my parents dearly but they are a bit on the naive side. When I was growing up I just had to work an "angle" with them.
Back to top Go down
Forgiveness Man
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
Forgiveness Man

Male
Rep : 153

PostSubject: Re: Were your parents strict with you?   Were your parents strict with you? EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 1:37 pm

Can't say they were excessively strict. But then again, I never gave them much reason to be.
Back to top Go down
AtownPeep
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
AtownPeep

Female
Rep : 39

PostSubject: Re: Were your parents strict with you?   Were your parents strict with you? EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 4:27 pm

I'm from the south you know mamas and daddies watch their daughters like hawks down here! They were on the stricter side of things but I handled it.
Back to top Go down
Dan70
…is an Up 'N Comer.
…is an Up 'N Comer.
Dan70

Male
Rep : 6

PostSubject: Re: Were your parents strict with you?   Were your parents strict with you? EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 3:43 am

My parents were very strict and I was very rebellious because of it. As a small child, I was outwardly defiant and would get beat for it. By my middle teens, I would go out of my way to contradict most of their opinions and stances. Grew my hair out long (which they hated), started dressing similar to Matt Damon in Singles and finally moved away. Even going so far as to renounce the Jewish faith. I went a good five years without seeing them at all, or even much speaking to them on the phone.
Back to top Go down
RobbieFTW
…is Being Fitted For a Crown.
…is Being Fitted For a Crown.
RobbieFTW

Male
Rep : 145

PostSubject: Re: Were your parents strict with you?   Were your parents strict with you? EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 5:21 am

More bossy than strict.
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male
Rep : 607

PostSubject: Re: Were your parents strict with you?   Were your parents strict with you? EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 10:39 am

Dan70 wrote:
My parents were very strict and I was very rebellious because of it. As a small child, I was outwardly defiant and would get beat for it. By my middle teens, I would go out of my way to contradict most of their opinions and stances. Grew my hair out long (which they hated), started dressing similar to Matt Damon in Singles and finally moved away. Even going so far as to renounce the Jewish faith. I went a good five years without seeing them at all, or even much speaking to them on the phone.

What is your relationship with them now?
Back to top Go down
CatEyes10736
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
CatEyes10736

Female
Rep : 126

PostSubject: Re: Were your parents strict with you?   Were your parents strict with you? EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 12:16 pm

My parents were so "off" when it came to the way they raised us and what we could and couldn't do. They were generally leniant, but then out of the clear blue they would be strict or unwavering over something completely random.
Back to top Go down
FightSleep
…is an Up 'N Comer.
…is an Up 'N Comer.
FightSleep

Male
Rep : 1

PostSubject: Re: Were your parents strict with you?   Were your parents strict with you? EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 2:24 pm

I come from a somewhat traditional and conservative korean family so my parents were more strict about things than not.
Back to top Go down
Dan70
…is an Up 'N Comer.
…is an Up 'N Comer.
Dan70

Male
Rep : 6

PostSubject: Re: Were your parents strict with you?   Were your parents strict with you? EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 8:40 am

Tony Marino wrote:

What is your relationship with them now?

Still can be pretty tense at times, but as I age I have learned how to better cope with their general attitudes, or to just tune them out when need be. Sometimes with conservative, high-strung, older parents, you just have to take the high rode and let them cling to their idiosyncrasies and opinions, because they will not change. They live on a whole other coast and can't actively infringe on my life anymore. Much of my continued anger at them stems from childhood ordeals, rather than what they say or do now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Were your parents strict with you?   Were your parents strict with you? Empty

Back to top Go down

Were your parents strict with you?
Page 1 of 1