CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+11
Tony Marino
Cheaps
Marc™
Alan Smithee
Nystyle709
Bluesmama
Supernova
Forgiveness Man
CeCe
Shale
Chris
15 posters

If your child came into a lot of money, would you let him keep it?

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

If your child came into a lot of money, would you let him keep it? Empty If your child came into a lot of money, would you let him keep it?

Post by Chris Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:14 pm

Say your eleven year old son or daughter, for whatever reason, legitimately came into two grand in cash; would you allow him or her to keep it and spend it as they please, or would you insist that they put it in the bank, while you moderated how it was spent?
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

If your child came into a lot of money, would you let him keep it? Empty Re: If your child came into a lot of money, would you let him keep it?

Post by Shale Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:23 pm

That kind of money goes into a bank with controls until the kid turns 18. No way does a kid have more than $20 on his person out in the community - and even then there is risk he would be killed for that.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

If your child came into a lot of money, would you let him keep it? Empty Re: If your child came into a lot of money, would you let him keep it?

Post by CeCe Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:29 pm

Shale wrote:That kind of money goes into a bank with controls until the kid turns 18. No way does a kid have more than $20 on his person out in the community - and even then there is risk he would be killed for that.

co-signs or even less.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Post by Forgiveness Man Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:14 pm

I'd let them keep a small portion of it but I'd make them put most of it away. They'd likely be too young to spend it intelligently and I would not want them to blow it all on youthful whims. Losing it would be a lesson learned, but at that age, it'd come at the price of their future. I would NOT spend it on myself but I'd make sure they saved most of it.

Last edited by Forgiveness Man on Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:22 pm

It would not go into the bank but most of it would go away into an account and build interest while they grew up and became mature enough to use it. When we were kids, our big money went into our own banks at home, so I'd let them keep out a couple hundred for those savings and maybe $100 to spend.
    Bluesmama
    Bluesmama
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 43

Post by Bluesmama Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:46 pm

Two-grand is way too much for a child to spend freely. I would give him/her a small portion of it to spend, with the rest getting deposited.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:00 pm

I'll give him about 100 bucks, then the rest is going into his college fund.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:02 pm

Basically co-sign evryone else.
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Post by Marc™ Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:48 pm

No. A kid that young can't be trusted with that much money. It would go into a saving account and on occasion, maybe I'd take withdraw small increments of it for them to have as spending money.
    Cheaps
    Cheaps

Female
    Rep : 252

Post by Cheaps Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:48 am

Alan Smithee wrote:Basically co-sign evryone else.

co-signs
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:37 pm

The bank until the kid is old enough to spend it on his/her own.
    CatEyes10736
    CatEyes10736
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 126

Post by CatEyes10736 Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:37 pm

The bank. I'd maybe withdraw $300-$500 to sporadically give to her here and there, but the rest is going in her trust fund.
    captainbryce
    captainbryce
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 127

Post by captainbryce Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:27 pm

Option B
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:37 pm

That amount would go in the bank for sure.
    Rainmaker
    Rainmaker
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Male
    Rep : 0

Post by Rainmaker Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:48 pm

He could have $500 of it spread out. The rest goes into the bank.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 22, 2024 1:46 am