CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+2
Nystyle709
Chris
6 posters

Could you be with someone who expected you to adhered to traditional gender roles?

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Could you be with someone who expected you to adhered to traditional gender roles? Empty Could you be with someone who expected you to adhered to traditional gender roles?

Post by Chris Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:57 pm

Women: Could you be in a relationship with a man who expected you to not work/stay home, cook, clean and wanted to be treated as the head of the household?
    Men: Could you be in a relationship with a woman who opted to the domestic, refused to work and expected you to be the sole breadwinner?
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Could you be with someone who expected you to adhered to traditional gender roles? Empty Re: Could you be with someone who expected you to adhered to traditional gender roles?

Post by Nystyle709 Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:56 am

Short answer: no.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Could you be with someone who expected you to adhered to traditional gender roles? Empty Re: Could you be with someone who expected you to adhered to traditional gender roles?

Post by RedBedroom Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:00 am

Well...no. I would ALWAYS have to earn my own money, at least 50% of the household budget. That is just the way I am.

But as far as the roles go, I would be fine if a man expected me to do all the "lady stuff" as long as he did the "man stuff."

As I have it, I do all the "lady stuff" but he doesn't fix anything I ask him to.
    Bluesmama
    Bluesmama
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 43

Post by Bluesmama Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:11 am

Now, at this point in my life . . . HELL, YES!!! The only reason I'm not retired is because I can't do it.
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 87

Post by wants2laugh Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:52 pm

yeah... me too. Women's lib started with women having choices... to work or not. Now, there is NO choice... women HAVE to work. I'm tired of it, and would love for someone to take care of me. If I wasn't working, then why shouldnt the house be clean and the meals be made??? i wouldnt be any good at it now though because i have always had to work so much that cooking/cleaning was never a priority.
    JM130ELM
    JM130ELM
    …is Necessary.
    …is Necessary.

Male
    Rep : 32

Post by JM130ELM Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:02 pm

Chris wrote:Women: Could you be in a relationship with a man who expected you to not work/stay home, cook, clean and wanted to be treated as the head of the household?
    Men: Could you be in a relationship with a woman who opted to the domestic, refused to work and expected you to be the sole breadwinner?

Maybe. Depends on how much I'm earning and how she good of a "domestic" she is. There is something uncomfortable about a man insisting that his wife work.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 22, 2024 5:53 am