CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+4
Hyacinth Girl
CeCe
Forgiveness Man
Tony Marino
8 posters

Daniel Radcliffe Talks Gay Marriage, GOP Bigotry, and Crushing on Ryan Gosling

Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

News Daniel Radcliffe Talks Gay Marriage, GOP Bigotry, and Crushing on Ryan Gosling

Post by Tony Marino Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:42 pm

By: Michael Matson

Actor Daniel Radcliffe displays intelligence as abundant as his talent in an impressive new interview with UK gay magazine, Attitude, beginning with an astute explanation of how marriage equality benefits society.

"The ultimate reason gay marriage should be legalized everywhere is because, as a kid, you look to your mum and dad and they're married, then you look at the gay couple who've been together for the same amount of time, but because they can't get married their relationship doesn't seem the same,” said Radcliffe. “Yes, gay marriage is about symbolically blessing a relationship, but the larger issue is about transmitting a fundamental message about equality. Gay people should have equality in law everywhere. If you grow up as a young gay man knowing you don’t have the same opportunities as everyone else, you're going to feel victimized and massive prejudice towards you."

The 22-year-old also revealed he’s been “disgusted, amazed, stunned” by the anti-gay bigotry spewed by current GOP presidential candidate Rick Santorum and former contenders Michele Bachmann and Rick Perry. “I think [they] pretend to be homophobic just to win votes,” he said.

Though heterosexual, Radcliffe still understands what is attractive about men—particularly Ryan Gosling.

"I can quite happily say someone is handsome, good-looking, and I can see why someone would want to f*ck them, but I've never felt that way about a man myself,” said Radcliffe. “There is that moment in your late teens when you ask yourself the question, 'Am I?' but I wasn't...Well, this year I have a talent crush on Ryan Gosling. I think he's fantastic and...(ahem) you know he'd be nice afterwards. He seems smart. If I was gay, I would go for a smart man."

http://www.gay.net/celebrities/2012/02/06/daniel-radcliffe-talks-gay-marriage-gop-bigotry-and-crushing-ryan-gosling
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

News Re: Daniel Radcliffe Talks Gay Marriage, GOP Bigotry, and Crushing on Ryan Gosling

Post by Forgiveness Man Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:51 pm

The only bigotry is that coming from folks like Obama trying to force their views on everybody else. (although I guess Radclife comes off as quite the elitist bigot in this, much like many actors do.) The GOP displays no real bigotry and people who truly understand bigotry would agree. Radclife should stick to acting and avoid being a political commontator on things he clearly knows nothing about.

Last edited by Forgiveness Man on Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

News Re: Daniel Radcliffe Talks Gay Marriage, GOP Bigotry, and Crushing on Ryan Gosling

Post by CeCe Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:11 pm

The more I see & hear Daniel the more I like him.

And he is getting Hugh Jackman HOT!!! salivate
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:16 pm

Forgiveness Man wrote:The only bigotry is that coming from folks like Obama trying to force their views on everybody else. The GOP displays no bigotry and people who truly understand bigotry would agree.

Daniel Radcliffe Talks Gay Marriage, GOP Bigotry, and Crushing on Ryan Gosling SpitDaniel Radcliffe Talks Gay Marriage, GOP Bigotry, and Crushing on Ryan Gosling Lolhs
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Forgiveness Man Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:20 pm

Good thing that since I've never even seen anything with Radclife in it to begin with, I honestly don't even have a "too bad" to express at his bigotry. He's just a nobody to me. Although my nickname for his character just itself a lot more relevant. FORGIVENESS MAN
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:25 pm

CeCe wrote:The more I see & hear Daniel the more I like him.

He actually looks great in his new movie Woman in Black, can't believe that its little Harry Potter all grown up!
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:27 pm

Forgiveness Man wrote:Good thing that since I've never even seen anything with Radclife in it to begin with, I honestly don't even have a "too bad" to express at his bigotry. He's just a nobody to me. Although my nickname for his character just itself a lot more relevant. FORGIVENESS MAN

Lil Bro....I am still trying to figure out why you think DR is a bigot, he certainly didn't display anything like that in the article I posted, do you know something else behind the scenes that I didn't hear about?
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Forgiveness Man Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:44 pm

Tony Marino wrote:Lil Bro....I am still trying to figure out why you think DR is a bigot, he certainly didn't display anything like that in the article I posted, do you know something else behind the scenes that I didn't hear about?
    I think he did come off that way in the article. big grin
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:13 pm

Forgiveness Man wrote:I think he did come off that way in the article. big grin

Razz (Big)
    Hyacinth Girl
    Hyacinth Girl
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 70

Post by Hyacinth Girl Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:32 pm

Tony Marino wrote:
    "I can quite happily say someone is handsome, good-looking, and I can see why someone would want to f*ck them, but I've never felt that way about a man myself,” said Radcliffe.

Tee-hee. . . Harry Potter said "Fuck" !!! big grin
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:08 pm

Hyacinth Girl wrote:

Tee-hee. . . Harry Potter said "Fuck" !!! big grin

LOL!!!!
    captainbryce
    captainbryce
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 127

Post by captainbryce Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:05 pm

Forgiveness Man wrote:The only bigotry is that coming from folks like Obama trying to force their views on everybody else. (although I guess Radclife comes off as quite the elitist bigot in this, much like many actors do.) The GOP displays no real bigotry and people who truly understand bigotry would agree. Radclife should stick to acting and avoid being a political commontator on things he clearly knows nothing about.
    With all due respect FM, I'm pretty sure that the majority of people on this thread alone understand bigotry to a far greater extent than you do.

eye roll You're 20 years old, heterosexual, Christian and WHITE. What fucking "bigotry" have you ever experienced in this world? Do tell! If you've ever been on the receiving end of form of real, social bigotry, frankly I'd be amazed! And for you to have the audacity to suggest that you know more about bigotry than I do is absolutely astounding.
    captainbryce
    captainbryce
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male

Post by captainbryce Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:09 pm

Forgiveness Man wrote:I think he did come off that way in the article. big grin
    You use that expression a lot, "came off that way", but you never actually say how. What did he say that was bigoted? You can't answer that and the reason you can't answer is either because A) you don't know what bigoted actually means or B) he didn't actually come off as a bigot, but you want to act like he does because you disagree with him. That's what your inability to decipher Daniel Radcliffe's so-called bigotry actually means!
    Did I Say That?
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:16 pm

CeCe wrote:The more I see & hear Daniel the more I like him.

Yep
    Daniel Radcliffe Talks Gay Marriage, GOP Bigotry, and Crushing on Ryan Gosling Dan-saddle3.thumbnail
    captainbryce
    captainbryce
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male

Post by captainbryce Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:30 pm

Shale wrote:
    Daniel Radcliffe Talks Gay Marriage, GOP Bigotry, and Crushing on Ryan Gosling Dan-saddle3.thumbnail
    I suppose if he gained about 30 pounds of muscle I could see the resemblence.
    Daniel Radcliffe Talks Gay Marriage, GOP Bigotry, and Crushing on Ryan Gosling JackmanPCN_450x450%5B7%5DDaniel Radcliffe Talks Gay Marriage, GOP Bigotry, and Crushing on Ryan Gosling Hugh-jackman-wolverine-nude
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:14 pm

These aren't my definitions. I copied them from other sources.

Bigotry: stubborn and complete intolerance of any creed, belief, or opinion that differs from one's own.

Bigot: a person who is obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially: one who regards or treats the members of a group (as a racial or ethnic group) with hatred and intolerance.

The only bigotry is that coming from folks like Obama trying to force their views on everybody else.
    The GOP displays no real bigotry and people who truly understand bigotry would agree.

If this were IMDb, I could almost think he's one of those trolls who make the most absurd comments and then step back and watch everyone else take them seriously but I have a sad, sinking feeling that he actually believes his own opinions.
    captainbryce
    captainbryce
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male

Post by captainbryce Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:37 pm

Alan Smithee wrote:If this were IMDb, I could almost think he's one of those trolls who make the most absurd comments and then step back and watch everyone else take them seriously but I have a sad, sinking feeling that he actually believes his own opinions.
    How often do you visit IMDB? I'm on there all the time. We should meet up sometime, lol.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:28 am

captainbryce wrote:How often do you visit IMDB? I'm on there all the time. We should meet up sometime, lol.

Fairly regularly but I'm all over the place because of my eclectic tastes. big grin I've seen Supernova on occassion (but I don't think she's seen me evil grin )
    tmontyb
    tmontyb
    …is Authorized.
    …is Authorized.

Male
    Rep : 37

Post by tmontyb Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:11 am

If this were IMDb, I could almost think he's one of those trolls who make the most absurd comments and then step back and watch everyone else take them seriously but I have a sad, sinking feeling that he actually believes his own opinions.

This! You hit the nail on the head!
    captainbryce
    captainbryce
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male

Post by captainbryce Sat Feb 11, 2012 3:36 pm

Alan Smithee wrote:

Fairly regularly but I'm all over the place because of my eclectic tastes. big grin I've seen Supernova on occassion (but I don't think she's seen me evil grin )
    What's your IMDB screen name?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 22, 2024 1:53 am