CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+3
Nystyle709
Marc™
Impact
7 posters

Ever experience bigotry of some kind?

Impact
    Impact
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 75

Ever experience bigotry of some kind? Empty Ever experience bigotry of some kind?

Post by Impact Sat Jul 10, 2010 2:30 am

Be it racial, gender, religious, sexual orientation, country of origin, classist, hair color/style, etc. Have you ever experienced any kind of direct bigotry? I think I said before that for some reason, I get mistaken for Jewish (I think it's the glasses). Back in high school, someone called me a "Kike." The kicker is that they knew full well that I wasn't Jewish, but decided to be funny anyway.
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Ever experience bigotry of some kind? Empty Re: Ever experience bigotry of some kind?

Post by Marc™ Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:00 am

No offense, but this is a question that only a heterosexual white male would ask. To ask someone who: is a person of color....a woman....an overt practitioner of a religious minority....has an accent indicating that they are from another country....or an out-of-the-closet gay/bisexual person if they have ever experienced bigotry is almost like asking a random person if they've ever eaten at McDonald's. Of course. More than once. Probably more than twice.

Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Ever experience bigotry of some kind? Empty Re: Ever experience bigotry of some kind?

Post by Nystyle709 Sat Jul 10, 2010 10:15 am

Marc wrote:No offense, but this is a question that only a heterosexual white male would ask. To ask someone who: is a person of color....a woman....an overt practitioner of a religious minority....has an accent indicating that they are from another country....or an out-of-the-closet gay/bisexual person if they have ever experienced bigotry is almost like asking a random person if they've ever eaten at McDonald's. Of course. More than once. Probably more than twice.

Ever experience bigotry of some kind? 35166. You know what's funny though? Coming up, I can honestly say I've never experienced any hardcore bigotry but luckily for me, I knew better and I knew it was just luck. Get older and become an adult and you'll see how the world really is.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Sat Jul 10, 2010 10:30 am

Not really, but there have been times when some idiot has made some wise remarks about Italians in my presence.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Post by Forgiveness Man Sat Jul 10, 2010 3:05 pm

Yep, Yep, and it most often comes from the sources you'd least expect it to. At the same time, not everything labeled as bigotry these days truly is.

Last edited by Forgiveness_Man on Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:11 am; edited 1 time in total
    RobbieFTW
    RobbieFTW
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.

Male
    Rep : 145

Post by RobbieFTW Sun Jul 11, 2010 1:42 am

I'm 1/2 Arab.
    I'm gay
    I used to be overweight.

Yeah a few times. sad
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Sun Jul 11, 2010 3:15 am

I sure have, but don't dwell on it.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Sun Jul 11, 2010 9:20 am

Its not worth dwelling on it, most times I take the remark from where it came from and usually that person has less intelligence than a flea.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 22, 2024 1:40 am