How long does it usually take you to get into a TV show? Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How long does it usually take you to get into a TV show?

Go down 
+5
FightSleep
Hyacinth Girl
Forgiveness Man
Bluesmama
Chris
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

How long does it usually take you to get into a TV show? Empty
PostSubject: How long does it usually take you to get into a TV show?   How long does it usually take you to get into a TV show? EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 2:13 pm

How many episodes do you give a TV to convince you to become a regular viewer?
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
Bluesmama
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Bluesmama

Female
Rep : 43

PostSubject: Re: How long does it usually take you to get into a TV show?   How long does it usually take you to get into a TV show? EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 3:10 pm

It all depends on the show. I know that the first episodes are often dull because they're focusing more on the characters. But there have been times when I couldn't get past that first show.
Back to top Go down
Forgiveness Man
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
Forgiveness Man

Male
Rep : 153

PostSubject: Re: How long does it usually take you to get into a TV show?   How long does it usually take you to get into a TV show? EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 3:14 pm

It has to do SOMETHING for me in the pilot. If I an not at least intrigued by a pilot, I won't be back next week. I give it a few weeks to make it must-see for me, but eventually it has to start pulling it's own weight. Of course, the best way to ensure I come back is to HOOK me in the first week. (ie like Lost did. Wink )
Back to top Go down
Hyacinth Girl
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Hyacinth Girl

Female
Rep : 70

PostSubject: Re: How long does it usually take you to get into a TV show?   How long does it usually take you to get into a TV show? EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 3:21 pm

I rarely watch TV at all, and would be fine not having one at all in my house. The moments my family has it on, and I'm in the room, it usually puts me to sleep, so I have to read or do needlepoint to stay awake.

(Although I do have to say that "My Cat From Hell" on Animal Planet, did give me a good laugh a couple of weeks ago when I watched the TV last! big grin )
Back to top Go down
FightSleep
…is an Up 'N Comer.
…is an Up 'N Comer.
FightSleep

Male
Rep : 1

PostSubject: Re: How long does it usually take you to get into a TV show?   How long does it usually take you to get into a TV show? EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 5:38 pm

Episode 1 has to be strong enough to keep me from turning and to make me remember to watch again next week. Episode 2 then has got to be good enough to prove that it's a show worth keeping up with.
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: How long does it usually take you to get into a TV show?   How long does it usually take you to get into a TV show? EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 7:55 pm

FightSleep wrote:
Episode 1 has to be strong enough to keep me from turning and to make me remember to watch again next week. Episode 2 then has got to be good enough to prove that it's a show worth keeping up with.

This. And that's even if I happen to catch something. I don't watch TV. The only show that I really make a point to watch every week is The Game. And I didn't get into that until almost the end of the second season.
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

PostSubject: Re: How long does it usually take you to get into a TV show?   How long does it usually take you to get into a TV show? EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 9:18 pm

I give it a couple weeks unless the pilot is really dull.
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

PostSubject: Re: How long does it usually take you to get into a TV show?   How long does it usually take you to get into a TV show? EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 9:21 pm

It depends. Some shows have hooked my from the first episode and others took me a little while to get into.
Back to top Go down
Kral
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Kral

Female
Rep : 30

PostSubject: Re: How long does it usually take you to get into a TV show?   How long does it usually take you to get into a TV show? EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 4:18 pm

If I start watching a TV show, for the most part it's because the commercials seemed appealing to me so it doesn't take all that long. Maybe 2 or 3 episodes, if I thought the first was first good. It's when I try to watch a popular show that's been on for a while just to see what the hype is about that it takes me a longer to get into.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How long does it usually take you to get into a TV show?   How long does it usually take you to get into a TV show? Empty

Back to top Go down

How long does it usually take you to get into a TV show?
Page 1 of 1