CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+4
Chris
Jason B.
AtownPeep
JM130ELM
8 posters

Ever just not call back?

JM130ELM
    JM130ELM
    …is Necessary.
    …is Necessary.

Male
    Rep : 32

Ever just not call back? Empty Ever just not call back?

Post by JM130ELM Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:21 am

Say you're seeing someone and am not really feeling the relationship anymore. Instead of telling them to their face that it's over, you ever opted instead to just not call them back again and ignore their calls? On the flip, has that ever been done to you?
    AtownPeep
    AtownPeep
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 39

Ever just not call back? Empty Re: Ever just not call back?

Post by AtownPeep Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:49 am

In the past I have, but I wouldn't avoid someone like that today though. Not only is it plain inconsiderate and rude to give someone the brushoff like that, it's also annoying when they keep on calling you because they have no idea you're not interested anymore.
    Jason B.
    Jason B.
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 70

Post by Jason B. Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:54 pm

I've had that done to me before, but not by anyone who I was serious about, so it ultimately was a shrug on my end. I agree with Atown. I wouldn't do that to someone because it's cowardly and because like she said, if I'd rather they not blow up my phone and email wanting to know what's up. Just face the awkward moment and be real with how you feel.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Sat Dec 18, 2010 7:31 am

Never for a relationship, but there have been some times where I have gotten someone's number and either procrastinated or just forgot to call them (but honestly, I must've not been that interested, because if I were then I would've made it a priority), or call them back a second time. By the time I remembered, too much time had gone by to where it just seemed inappropriate to call back at that point.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Sat Dec 18, 2010 8:00 am

YEP. Caller ID was new when I was an adult dating, and I made sure I screed calls, all modern like that.
    Kral
    Kral
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 30

Post by Kral Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:17 am

That's so rude and cowardly. I've never done that to someone but had someone do that to me.
    MandyPerfumeGirl
    MandyPerfumeGirl
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 26

Post by MandyPerfumeGirl Sat Dec 18, 2010 9:20 pm

RedBedroom wrote:YEP. Caller ID was new when I was an adult dating, and I made sure I screed calls, all modern like that.

Gee, that's really considerate Red, that's certainly something to take pride in.

To answer James' question, no, I've never done that to someone and have never had that done to me.
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female
    Rep : 78

Post by TSJFan4Ever Sun Dec 19, 2010 2:55 am

Not really, no - had one guy I was dating who turned otu to be a real chauvinist and I was going to tell him I wasn't interested in going out again - we'd only had three dates - but he never called, so that made it easy. I think I mentioned him on here before - jerk asked how much I still owed on my student loan on our third date and then must have gotten scared off. I should have told him it was none of his business, unless we were in a serious relationship, but that was just the final straw, but I didn't want to be rude, even though he was rather rude himself.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 8:23 pm