CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+3
CatEyes10736
Nystyle709
Jason B.
7 posters

Where do you stand on the legalization of marijuana?

Jason B.
    Jason B.
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 70

Where do you stand on the legalization of marijuana? Empty Where do you stand on the legalization of marijuana?

Post by Jason B. Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:30 pm

If it was put on a ballot, would you vote yay or nay?

Also, do you indulge? Blue Cool
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Where do you stand on the legalization of marijuana? Empty Re: Where do you stand on the legalization of marijuana?

Post by Nystyle709 Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:32 pm

I don't smoke weed, but I would prob. vote to have it legalized.
    CatEyes10736
    CatEyes10736
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 126

Where do you stand on the legalization of marijuana? Empty Re: Where do you stand on the legalization of marijuana?

Post by CatEyes10736 Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:22 pm

I probably wouldn't vote for it. I'm not that much against it, but at the same time (save for medicinal purposes) I don't think marijuana serves any positive purpose.
    Wadsworth
    Wadsworth
    …is Significant.
    …is Significant.

Male
    Rep : 16

Post by Wadsworth Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:50 pm

Weed not being legal is a contradiction for as long as cigarettes and liquor is.
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Post by Marc™ Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:22 pm

I don't stand anywhere, because I honestly don't care. Don't smoke weed. They can either legalize it or not.
    captainbryce
    captainbryce
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 127

Post by captainbryce Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:07 pm

I am for the legalization of it. I think that as long as alcohol and cigarettes are legal it's a hypocracy for marijuana to be illegal. Contrary to propaganda/myth, it is not a "gateway" drug anymore than beer is a gateway drug. I think it should be legalized, then regulated/taxed by the government (which would be a positive influence on the economy and cut down on any oppertunities and profit people would attempt to sell it illegally to minors would get). Marijuana is a natural drug (from a plant), not cooked up in some laboratory like Meth or Heroin. There is nothing to support that it is "addictive" and it's not known to have any serious health risks so long as it's not abused and actually has medicinal uses. Laws regarding marijuana should be treated just like alcohol.
    As far as the second question goes, no I don't smoke marijuana (nor do I do any drugs). I tried it once when I was 18 and never got any effect from it. Plus, at this point I am career military and we get random drug tests all the time. If I was found out to have smoked weed, I would be dischared.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:18 am

Tried it a few times when I was younger, but it did nothing for me. I have a friend who is a big time head, and smoked with him. I'd take a hit and the whole time think, "this isn't doing anything...this isn't doing anything." Yeah, it was, but it didn't live up to the hype.

Far as legalizing it goes, I'd be in favor of it, pending stiff regulations about usage and how it's sold.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 3:52 am