CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+8
CeCe
Alan Smithee
TPP
Shale
JM130ELM
Forgiveness Man
Cheaps
Impact
12 posters

Marijuana Legalization, For or Against?

Impact
    Impact
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 75

Marijuana Legalization, For or Against? Empty Marijuana Legalization, For or Against?

Post by Impact Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:52 am

Let's debate about Marijuana Legalization, shall we?

So, legalize or not? Why?

This sums up my position
    Cheaps
    Cheaps
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 252

Marijuana Legalization, For or Against? Empty Re: Marijuana Legalization, For or Against?

Post by Cheaps Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:09 am

hell im for it... it'll make ALOT of people i know very happy Smile
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Marijuana Legalization, For or Against? Empty Re: Marijuana Legalization, For or Against?

Post by Forgiveness Man Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:10 am

I'm against it. Smile
    Cheaps
    Cheaps

Female
    Rep : 252

Post by Cheaps Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:11 am

hell im for it... it'll make ALOT of people i know very happy Smile
    JM130ELM
    JM130ELM
    …is Necessary.
    …is Necessary.

Male
    Rep : 32

Post by JM130ELM Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:58 am

Legalize and tax the hell out of it. The real reason the US doesn't want marijuana to be legal is because the US doesn't produce the best bud. Mexico would make even more a killing off the legalization of it than they already do, and the US can't bare the thought of that.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:46 pm

Impact wrote:...So, legalize or not? Why?

This sums up my position
    co-signs
    Been saying this for years. It is the depth of stupidity to keep making the same mistake for decades. As this guy says, The Great Experiment failed miserably in the 1920s and yet we do it again. Where's the logic in that?

BTW, I don't smoke anymore. Got tired of it and quit. No prob. No addiction. No withdrawal. Just quit. Got tired of waking up on the floor.
    TPP
    TPP
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 69

Post by TPP Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:06 pm

Legalize it. Too many people are in prison in the US for non violent drug offenses. Money spent on those prisons could be used for many better things. Not to mention the lives that are wrecked not by pot, but by the rule that says you can't smoke it. Pot is less harmful than alcohol, and less harmful than cigarettes. Prohibition makes it easier to get than both alcohol and cigarettes for minors, and contributes to drug violence at the dealer level.

The prohibition of cannabis makes absolutely no sense to me. If it were decriminalized and taxed, states would not only generate income, they would also decrease the waste in their court systems and free up valuable police man hours to do more important things like stop murders, rapes, property crime...

I don't even believe that there would be a major increase in the use of it if it were legalized. SO many people already do it...
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:20 pm

As long as people have to still take responsibility for their actions while they’re under the influence, I’m all for it. The “War On Drugs” is a joke.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:38 pm

Absolutely for. People will have to be accountable for their actions, but there's no reason for it to continue to be illegal. The laws against it seem to do more damage. No one should go to jail or lose their car because a cop found just enough in it to seize it. At the very least medicinal marijuana needs to be legalized as a start. I'm disgusted every time I hear about someone who is ill being arrested for having a joint.
    MandyPerfumeGirl
    MandyPerfumeGirl
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 26

Post by MandyPerfumeGirl Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:48 pm

This is one of those debates I haven't entirely thought out. I'm not sure if I'm for legalizing Marijuana 100% in any situation, but I think that, without doubt, Medical Marijuana should be legal. I've heard it even surpasses the strength of Morphine when used in medical situations.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:33 pm

I really don't give a damn one way or the other.
    Jason B.
    Jason B.
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 70

Post by Jason B. Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:27 pm

The side effects of Marijuana is less serious than alcohol. So why not?!
    RobbieFTW
    RobbieFTW
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.

Male
    Rep : 145

Post by RobbieFTW Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:23 am

I'm all for making pot legal. I never really understood why it wasn't to begin with, a large number of people world wide already smoke it, it is less harmful than liquor which is already legal. On top of that billions are being wasted on a losing so called 'war' the entire thing is completely counterproductive.

Anyways, lets just smoke two joints and be done with it. :biggrin:

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 3:26 am