CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

4 posters

Question for the people alive in 1970

Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Question for the people alive in 1970 Empty Question for the people alive in 1970

Post by Supernova Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:49 am

And old enough to remember.

A few weeks ago in church, my mother said in 1970, the area she was living in, EVERYBODY was saying the Rapture was about to happen...weirdest thing I ever heard, and screwiest. In the Bible it makes reference to in the end of days something being as clear to see as when the leaves bloom on the fig trees. Apparently in 1970 the fig trees were blooming like crazy, something that hadn't happened for several years, and everybody around her took that as a sign that the Rapture was going to happen, and surprise surprise, nothing happened.

Now this was in 1970, she was a new mother at that time, just married the first time...and my father was in Vietnam at that time and he said over there NOBODY was paying attention to what fig trees were doing. But it's really stupid because the Bible doesn't say when the fig trees were blooming that anything would happen, only pointing out that when this thing happened you could see it as clearly as when the leaves blossom on the fig trees. But anyway, of the people here who were alive at that time, did you ever hear anything like that?
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Question for the people alive in 1970 Empty Re: Question for the people alive in 1970

Post by Alan Smithee Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:14 am

This is the first I'm hearing about it. 42 years later.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Question for the people alive in 1970 Empty Re: Question for the people alive in 1970

Post by Shale Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:23 am

In 1970 I was around a lot of occult mysticism that was not mainstream. Can't remember all the second coming stuff that may have been floating by, but Christians have been predicting the end times for the past 2K years. Cry Wolf often enuf and no one pays attention any more. It will happen when it happens - don't worry about it. Enjoy the surprise.

Now go watch 2012 again. Or Knowing.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:44 am

They've been saying this stuff longer than ANY of us have been alive. Even some christians don't believe in the rapture. It was completely manufactured in the 1800's. Had to look up the date but it apparently was 1830 by a girl who was sick & had a "vision". She set it at 1844. (Sound familiar?) This will carry on & people will continue to have visions & set dates until the earth gives out, which at some point it will have to as we continue to rape the planet but until then I'd just enjoy life while we have it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Sep 21, 2024 9:41 am