The 'Sade' Discussion Thread. Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The 'Sade' Discussion Thread.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
NIKOL99
…is a Newbie.
…is a Newbie.
NIKOL99

Female
Rep : 0

The 'Sade' Discussion Thread. Empty
PostSubject: The 'Sade' Discussion Thread.   The 'Sade' Discussion Thread. EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 4:37 am

The 'Sade' Discussion Thread. Sade

Finally. Sanity to music has returned after 10 years. And I can't believe she's 50. She's flawless.

Simply stunning.

Back to top Go down
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

PostSubject: Re: The 'Sade' Discussion Thread.   The 'Sade' Discussion Thread. EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 2:01 pm

Sade To Take No. 1 On Billboard 200 Next Week

Expect the smooth sounds of Sade to overtake the No. 1 slot on the Billboard 200 album chart next week, as industry sources project the group's new effort "Soldier of Love" could sell between 375,000 to 400,000 by week's end on Feb. 14.

It will be the act's second No. 1 album -- its first came way back in 1986 with "Promise." "Soldier of Love" is the first studio effort from the band -- led by vocalist Sade Adu -- since "Lovers Rock" was released in 2000. That set debuted and peaked at No. 3 on the Billboard 200 with 370,000 sold in its first week.

Since its release, "Lovers Rock" has sold 3.9 million in the U.S., according to Nielsen SoundScan. The new album's title track recently became Sade's eighth top 10 hit on the Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs chart -- its first since "Kiss of Life" reached No. 9 in 1993.
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
SkwirtB
…is an Up 'N Comer.
…is an Up 'N Comer.
SkwirtB

Male
Rep : 6

PostSubject: Re: The 'Sade' Discussion Thread.   The 'Sade' Discussion Thread. EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 2:54 pm

Sade is perfection! I HEART her!!! LOVING the new music and she sure IS aging spectacularly. Looks nowhere near 50. I'd put her mid/late 30s at the most...
Back to top Go down
NIKOL99
…is a Newbie.
…is a Newbie.
NIKOL99

Female
Rep : 0

PostSubject: Re: The 'Sade' Discussion Thread.   The 'Sade' Discussion Thread. EmptySat Feb 13, 2010 7:47 am

I don't know exactly how young she looks in numbers, but I can say that she looks exactly the way she did 10 years ago.

How often does THAT happen?

@ her album being #1:
Just when all the ke$ha's and Weezy's are about to make you lose your faith in the music buying public, something like THIS happens. Approx 400,000 copies opening week? Niiiice.
Back to top Go down
JM130ELM
…is Necessary.
…is Necessary.
JM130ELM

Male
Rep : 32

PostSubject: Re: The 'Sade' Discussion Thread.   The 'Sade' Discussion Thread. EmptyTue Feb 16, 2010 7:11 pm

Final totals from HITS are in.
Sade sold 481,204 copies last week.
Back to top Go down
SkwirtB
…is an Up 'N Comer.
…is an Up 'N Comer.
SkwirtB

Male
Rep : 6

PostSubject: Re: The 'Sade' Discussion Thread.   The 'Sade' Discussion Thread. EmptyTue Feb 16, 2010 10:22 pm

^ Awesome.
Back to top Go down
JM130ELM
…is Necessary.
…is Necessary.
JM130ELM

Male
Rep : 32

PostSubject: Re: The 'Sade' Discussion Thread.   The 'Sade' Discussion Thread. EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 10:47 pm

As predicted SOLDIER OF LOVE is #1 this week.
Back to top Go down
binky04
…is a Newbie.
…is a Newbie.
binky04

Female
Rep : 3

PostSubject: HAS ANYONE HEARD THE NEW SADE ALBUM SOLIDER OF LOVE   The 'Sade' Discussion Thread. EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 8:41 pm

If you are a sade lover you will love this album i have been loving her through the years and Is it a crime i one of my all time favorites clapping
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

PostSubject: Re: The 'Sade' Discussion Thread.   The 'Sade' Discussion Thread. EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 8:58 pm

I haven't heard it, but it's been getting strong reviews and it moved 400k+ in its first week of release.

I like that older artists like Susan Boyle, Sade and even Barbra Streisand are having strong sales lately, despite the fact that radio won't touch them. Just goes to show that music isn't only a young listeners game.
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The 'Sade' Discussion Thread.   The 'Sade' Discussion Thread. Empty

Back to top Go down

The 'Sade' Discussion Thread.
Page 1 of 1