'Rick Santorum backer suggests Bayer aspirin as a birth control method for women' Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

'Rick Santorum backer suggests Bayer aspirin as a birth control method for women'

Go down 
+6
Alan Smithee
Suzi
Shale
Forgiveness Man
CeCe
Chris
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

'Rick Santorum backer suggests Bayer aspirin as a birth control method for women' Empty
PostSubject: 'Rick Santorum backer suggests Bayer aspirin as a birth control method for women'   'Rick Santorum backer suggests Bayer aspirin as a birth control method for women' EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 12:13 pm

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/rick-santorum-backer-suggests-bayer-aspirin-a-birth-control-method-women-article-1.1024101

Quote :
Rick Santorum backer suggests Bayer aspirin as a birth control method for women
Foster Friess caught MSNBC's Andrea Mitchell off-guard with colorful comment

By Rheana Murray / NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
Thursday, February 16, 2012, 5:36 PM

'Rick Santorum backer suggests Bayer aspirin as a birth control method for women' Image

A chief backer of Republican presidential candidate Rick Santorum stunned viewers when he made an off-the-wall comment about birth control Thursday.

Foster Friess, the primary supporter of a pro-Santorum super political action committee, suggested on MSNBC that women use Bayer aspirin as a contraceptive.

“This contraceptive thing, my gosh, it’s so expensive,” he told host Andrea Mitchell.

“Back in my days, they used Bayer aspirin for contraceptives. The gals put it between their knees and it wasn’t that costly.”

Friess’ inference that women can place a pill between their legs to keep from spreading them understandably sent some heads spinning.

Even Mitchell was visibly taken aback, saying she needed to catch her breath after the comment.

She later addressed it on Twitter:

“I’m still trying to get my head around this,” she wrote. “Tweeps, what should I have said?”

Her followers were sympathetic.

“You had no way of knowing he’d just stepped out of the 1940s. Time portals catch us all off guard. #aspiringate,” one wrote.

“Don’t ask how, but I just put some Bayer between my knees and now I’m pregnant,” another wrote.

Friess, whose comments came as a defense of Santorum’s stance against birth control, is a 71-year-old millionaire from Wyoming and a frequent contributor to conservative causes, USA Today reported.

As a close friend of Santorum, Friess even introduced the presidential hopeful before he spoke at last week’s Conservative Political Action Conference.

Santorum’s stance on birth control has been the eye of a media firestorm since a 2006 interview with the former Pennsylvania senator resurfaced.

"I think it's harmful to our society to have a society that says that sex outside of marriage is something that should be encouraged or tolerated, particularly among the young and it has I think we've seen very, very harmful long-term consequences to the society," he said.

"Birth control to me enables that and I don't think it's a healthy thing for our country."

Santorum has since said that women should have access to contraception, citing a difference between public policy matters and religious beliefs.
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
CeCe
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
CeCe

Rep : 326

'Rick Santorum backer suggests Bayer aspirin as a birth control method for women' Empty
PostSubject: Re: 'Rick Santorum backer suggests Bayer aspirin as a birth control method for women'   'Rick Santorum backer suggests Bayer aspirin as a birth control method for women' EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 12:17 pm

If they keep going at this rate it's gonna be a democratic landslide in November.
Back to top Go down
Forgiveness Man
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
Forgiveness Man

Male
Rep : 153

PostSubject: Re: 'Rick Santorum backer suggests Bayer aspirin as a birth control method for women'   'Rick Santorum backer suggests Bayer aspirin as a birth control method for women' EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 12:31 pm

This is news? lol Obama had a pastor who suggested that we deserved 9/11 and some guy who wants Santorum as president is somehow more connected to him than the guy Obama listened to for 20 years is to Obama? It really just goes to show how little genuine dirt these bigots can find on Rick.

Last edited by Forgiveness Man on Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male
Rep : 219

PostSubject: Re: 'Rick Santorum backer suggests Bayer aspirin as a birth control method for women'   'Rick Santorum backer suggests Bayer aspirin as a birth control method for women' EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 12:43 pm

CeCe wrote:
If they keep going at this rate it's gonna be a democratic landslide in November.

That's why I hope the Repugnicans choose Santorum to run.

BTW, I knew the aspirin joke. Maybe they need to teach journalists a course in Jokes in Historical Context. Then they'll know the punch line to "What's black and comes in a white box?"
Back to top Go down
CeCe
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
CeCe

PostSubject: Re: 'Rick Santorum backer suggests Bayer aspirin as a birth control method for women'   'Rick Santorum backer suggests Bayer aspirin as a birth control method for women' EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 12:49 pm

Shale wrote:

That's why I hope the Repugnicans choose Santorum to run.

BTW, I knew the aspirin joke. Maybe they need to teach journalists a course in Jokes in Historical Context. Then they'll know the punch line to "What's black and comes in a white box?"

Yeah I knew the aspirin thing too. What makes it even worse IMO is that it's a throwback to a much more sexist, archaic era where it was the woman who needed to keep her legs crossed, the woman who tempted the poor unsuspecting man. So the guy can't even get off the hook claiming it was just a joke.
Back to top Go down
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male
Rep : 219

PostSubject: Re: 'Rick Santorum backer suggests Bayer aspirin as a birth control method for women'   'Rick Santorum backer suggests Bayer aspirin as a birth control method for women' EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 12:54 pm

CeCe wrote:
Yeah I knew the aspirin thing too. What makes it even worse IMO is that it's a throwback to a much more sexist, archaic era where it was the woman who needed to keep her legs crossed, the woman who tempted the poor unsuspecting man. So the guy can't even get off the hook claiming it was just a joke.

Well, it was the woman who had the "gates of hell" between her legs.

(Oh, you would not want to mine the depths of my knowledge of 1950s mentality. It is why so many of us ran from it in the '60s) blank stare @ you
Back to top Go down
CeCe
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
CeCe

PostSubject: Re: 'Rick Santorum backer suggests Bayer aspirin as a birth control method for women'   'Rick Santorum backer suggests Bayer aspirin as a birth control method for women' EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 12:55 pm

Shale wrote:

Well, it was the woman who had the "gates of hell" between her legs.

(Oh, you would not want to mine the depths of my knowledge of 1950s mentality. It is why so many of us ran from it in the '60s) blank stare @ you

ROFLMAO!
Back to top Go down
Suzi
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Suzi

Female
Rep : 85

PostSubject: Re: 'Rick Santorum backer suggests Bayer aspirin as a birth control method for women'   'Rick Santorum backer suggests Bayer aspirin as a birth control method for women' EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 1:08 pm

Oh yes I do dearly hope Santorum is the republican nominee, if he is the republicans will be about to learn a lesson about what Americans really want in a president. I have faith that the average American voter is still sane and it is obvious that Santorum isn't.
Back to top Go down
CeCe
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
CeCe

PostSubject: Re: 'Rick Santorum backer suggests Bayer aspirin as a birth control method for women'   'Rick Santorum backer suggests Bayer aspirin as a birth control method for women' EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 2:35 pm

Suzi wrote:
Oh yes I do dearly hope Santorum is the republican nominee, if he is the republicans will be about to learn a lesson about what Americans really want in a president. I have faith that the average American voter is still sane and it is obvious that Santorum isn't.

Ain't that the truth? I really wish I'd thought of it but someone on another board said the republicans would be better off if they held that aspirin between their lips. Thought that was great lol They are so out of touch it's not even funny. And this from the party who squeals about the evils of government intrusion into our lives lmao
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

PostSubject: Re: 'Rick Santorum backer suggests Bayer aspirin as a birth control method for women'   'Rick Santorum backer suggests Bayer aspirin as a birth control method for women' EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 9:22 pm

I knew just what he meant. Maybe Jack Nicholson can ask him for some wheat toast. Man, that's such an obscure reference, I don't know if Dennis Miller would get it.
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: 'Rick Santorum backer suggests Bayer aspirin as a birth control method for women'   'Rick Santorum backer suggests Bayer aspirin as a birth control method for women' EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 1:32 am

LOL.
Back to top Go down
captainbryce
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
captainbryce

Male
Rep : 127

PostSubject: Re: 'Rick Santorum backer suggests Bayer aspirin as a birth control method for women'   'Rick Santorum backer suggests Bayer aspirin as a birth control method for women' EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 11:35 am

Forgiveness Man wrote:
This is news? lol Obama had a pastor who suggested that we deserved 9/11 and some guy who wants Santorum as president is somehow more connected to him than the guy Obama listened to for 20 years is to Obama? It really just goes to show how little genuine dirt these bigots can find on Rick.
co-signs I agree with everything, except your last sentence. Your penchant for misusing the term "bigot" notwithstanding, the heart of your argument is sound. Unless Santorum acknowledges and endorses these statements himself, they bear no impact on my feelings toward him. "Backers" do not speak for candidates, therefore there is no logic in holding them accountable for someone else's words.
Back to top Go down
Suzi
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Suzi

Female

PostSubject: Re: 'Rick Santorum backer suggests Bayer aspirin as a birth control method for women'   'Rick Santorum backer suggests Bayer aspirin as a birth control method for women' EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 12:40 pm

The problem is Santorum has said things just as bad or worse. The inmates leading the insane asylum.
Back to top Go down
CeCe
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
CeCe

PostSubject: Re: 'Rick Santorum backer suggests Bayer aspirin as a birth control method for women'   'Rick Santorum backer suggests Bayer aspirin as a birth control method for women' EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 12:48 pm

Suzi wrote:
The problem is Santorum has said things just as bad or worse. The inmates leading the insane asylum.

co-signs DEFINITELY worse! He is a vile disgusting excuse for a human being. Bigots, nutjobs, religious freaks & millionaire out of touch career politicians the whole damn lot of them. What a joke. They look like a SNL skit.
Back to top Go down
captainbryce
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
captainbryce

Male
Rep : 127

PostSubject: Re: 'Rick Santorum backer suggests Bayer aspirin as a birth control method for women'   'Rick Santorum backer suggests Bayer aspirin as a birth control method for women' EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 8:48 pm

Suzi wrote:
Be that as it may, he should be judged based on the facts and on his own merits, not by the words of one of his backers. And to FM's point, it's a little hypocritical and disingenuous to come to Obama's rescue when his former pastor is vilified while simultaneously suggesting that Santorum is "bad" because of what one of his backers said. Do you disagree?
Back to top Go down
Suzi
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Suzi

Female

PostSubject: Re: 'Rick Santorum backer suggests Bayer aspirin as a birth control method for women'   'Rick Santorum backer suggests Bayer aspirin as a birth control method for women' EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 9:35 pm

I find the words from his own mouth objectionable as a woman. However I am Canadian and we have our own Santorum called Stephen Harper who is crazy as a loon just like Santorum.
Back to top Go down
FireIce918
…is Authorized.
…is Authorized.
FireIce918

Female
Rep : 8

PostSubject: Re: 'Rick Santorum backer suggests Bayer aspirin as a birth control method for women'   'Rick Santorum backer suggests Bayer aspirin as a birth control method for women' EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 11:42 pm

Suzi wrote:
I find the words from his own mouth objectionable as a woman. However I am Canadian and we have our own Santorum called Stephen Harper who is crazy as a loon just like Santorum.

Bingo.

And considering the fight women (and some men) are putting up here in VA regarding the new BS legislation against women, it's more fuel to add to the "Republicans are only in touch with THEIR reality" fire.
Back to top Go down
Jason B.
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Jason B.

Male
Rep : 70

PostSubject: Re: 'Rick Santorum backer suggests Bayer aspirin as a birth control method for women'   'Rick Santorum backer suggests Bayer aspirin as a birth control method for women' EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 12:32 am

Why do some people even bother to speak?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 'Rick Santorum backer suggests Bayer aspirin as a birth control method for women'   'Rick Santorum backer suggests Bayer aspirin as a birth control method for women' Empty

Back to top Go down

'Rick Santorum backer suggests Bayer aspirin as a birth control method for women'
Page 1 of 1