The First Book of World War I Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The First Book of World War I

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

The First Book of World War I Empty
PostSubject: The First Book of World War I   The First Book of World War I EmptySat Mar 03, 2012 2:26 am

A quick question for anybody that reads this, have you ever checked out the books in the children's section at the library that cover the history of World War I, World War II, etc?

I went down today and checked out the children's nonfiction shelf for books on World War I, found 4 of them, checked out 3 to read, finished the first one after 2 hours, very good, about 100 pages long but does a pretty good job of explaining on a kid's level all the hows and whys of World War I and has some interesting photographs, the first gas mask, and a soldier and his horse both wearing masks to protect against the German poison gas.

The part about it that surprises me is that they actually write books like this for kids. I'm glad that they do, but it's really a sign of the times because although there was a new one that came out 2 years ago, this really does not seem to be a very popular area for kids' reading. The kids I know, they wouldn't even know most of the words in the book, and I'm not even talking about the German names either. They wouldn't be able to read it, let alone probably even understand what it was all about. But I'm sure glad somebody thought enough of it to write these condensed volumes for the kids who can and do, maybe outside of school it would encourage them to pay more attention than when it's required curriculum.
Back to top Go down

The First Book of World War I
Page 1 of 1