CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+3
Chris
Tony Marino
Supernova
7 posters

George 'the Killer' Tiller

Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

George 'the Killer' Tiller Empty George 'the Killer' Tiller

Post by Supernova Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:04 am

Does this name ring a bell for any of you? He was a notorious late term abortionist in Kansas who was shot once in 1993 and then blown away in 2009. Some people were shocked at his death because he was shot in church, but I say since he had already had to drive an armored car and wear a bullet proof vest after the first time somebody used him for target practice; and at the time of his death he had recently been let off the hook for misdemeanors connected to a couple of patients dying at his clinic, my only thought at the time was did he REALLY think nobody would try anything again?
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

George 'the Killer' Tiller Empty Re: George 'the Killer' Tiller

Post by Tony Marino Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:48 am

Never heard of him.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:01 pm

His name isn't familiar to me either.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:12 pm

I guess his notoriety is more locally spread, though it's odd because after he was killed, Law and Order did an episode based on it, the murder of a late term abortionist.

I wish my family could also say the name is not familiar but unfortunately for us it is. When my mother was pregnant with me, she was 39, and her doctor had told her 5 years earlier when she had my brother, that women who have kids after 30 die in childbirth, and that she should have me aborted or she WOULD die, he had no question about it. And he was only TOO happy to refer her to Dr. Tiller, but both she and my grandmother told them both to go to hell. So, right or wrong, I wasn't heartbroken when he got blown away and I don't feel any worse about it now either.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:14 pm

This made national news.....I remember this story. Basically, right wing nut jobs executed this doctor, while he was in church no less, because he was the only doctor that still performed late term abortions in Kansas. Truly fucked up.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female

Post by Nystyle709 Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:17 pm

And just because he was fearless doesn't mean his death was warranted. Thi s man gave quality healthcare to women who needed it most and that was mire important to him than some wacky religious beliefs.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:01 pm

I don't recall the case.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:13 pm

I don't recall the case either, but the doc who told your mother that lame advice shoulda had his license blown away.

The only risk is an increase in birth defects in women around 40 having their FIRST child. My niece was about 40 and had her third child (it was an unplanned surprise) with no difficulty. There are a lot of women now having kids well into their 30s up to 40s.

Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:29 pm

No kidding. That nut was unbelievably incompetent, he would read books on how to perform C-sections WHILE HE DID THEM. He predicted my mother would die if she didn't abort me and ironically enough he just about killed her, and he DID kill several other patients, but nothing was ever done with him because he was a doctor so 'he's a good man' and blah blah blah. He finally got put out of practice a few years ago though, he died.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female

Post by Nystyle709 Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:30 pm

Supernova wrote:I guess his notoriety is more locally spread, though it's odd because after he was killed, Law and Order did an episode based on it, the murder of a late term abortionist.

I wish my family could also say the name is not familiar but unfortunately for us it is. When my mother was pregnant with me, she was 39, and her doctor had told her 5 years earlier when she had my brother, that women who have kids after 30 die in childbirth, and that she should have me aborted or she WOULD die, he had no question about it. And he was only TOO happy to refer her to Dr. Tiller, but both she and my grandumother told them both to go to hell. So, right or wrong, I wasn't heartbroken when he got blown awitay and I don't feel any worse about it now either.

LOL. You and your family crack me up. What the fuck did Dr. tiller have to do with the advice your mother got? Your mother didn't even see him, but you're happy he got " blown away?." That man did absolutely NOTHING that was illegally and save lives of women who's late term abortions saved theirs and provided a SAFE medical environment to do so. I don't know what they put in the water where you live, but somebody needs to check into it.
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Post by Marc™ Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:39 pm

Supernova wrote:No kidding. That nut was unbelievably incompetent, he would read books on how to perform C-sections WHILE HE DID THEM. He predicted my mother would die if she didn't abort me and ironically enough he just about killed her, and he DID kill several other patients, but nothing was ever done with him because he was a doctor so 'he's a good man' and blah blah blah. He finally got put out of practice a few years ago though, he died.

Wouldn't it make more sense to be mad at your mothers OB instead? This abortionist doctor never consulted your mother. Your mother may have been advised to abort, but she wasn't forced to, decided to not....and as a result, you're here.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:24 am

I'm more inclined to split it down the middle; there are a lot of women who don't stop having kids just because they're not 29 anymore and I can't help but wonder how many of them that doctor rushed off to Tiller convincing them that they had to abort or they would die because they were 30 or 35. And, I also have to wonder since he was so quick to refer everybody to Tiller, how well the two 'doctors' knew each other. Of course since both are dead we'll never know, but I do find it a bit odd to say the least.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female

Post by Nystyle709 Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:27 am

Supernova wrote:I'm more inclined to split it down the middle; there are a lot of women who don't stop having kids just because they're not 29 anymore and I can't help but wonder how many of them that doctor rushed off to Tiller convincing them that they had to abort or they would die because they were 30 or 35. And, I also have to wonder since he was so quick to refer everybody to Tiller, how well the two 'doctors' knew each other. Of course since both are dead we'll never know, but I do find it a bit odd to say the least.

George 'the Killer' Tiller 225780

LOL, I can't. I can't even being to rationalize your justifications. Just mind boggling.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 1:40 am