CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+4
Nystyle709
Supernova
Shale
RedBedroom
8 posters

Would you get into a serious relationship with someone who has a sibling convicted of murder?

RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Would you get into a serious relationship with someone who has a sibling convicted of murder?  Empty Would you get into a serious relationship with someone who has a sibling convicted of murder?

Post by RedBedroom Sun Mar 11, 2012 2:44 am

I am curious what people think about this. Granted a sibling is not necessarily a direct reflection, but wouldn't you wonder "What if?"

Honestly I would not pursue it once I found out. I guess it has to do with the fact I had to deal with an abusive guy and I am so afraid of that ever happening again.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Would you get into a serious relationship with someone who has a sibling convicted of murder?  Empty Re: Would you get into a serious relationship with someone who has a sibling convicted of murder?

Post by Shale Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:08 am

One of my wife's brothers was in jail when we got together and it may have been for murder, IDK. It was mutually violent with him and another guy. It never concerned me.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Would you get into a serious relationship with someone who has a sibling convicted of murder?  Empty Re: Would you get into a serious relationship with someone who has a sibling convicted of murder?

Post by Supernova Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:09 am

Hell no.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:21 am

Uh, yeah. Those are two separate individuals. I don't believe in guilt by association in this case.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:31 am

Not in and of itself but it could have an affect. I'm not making the trip on visiting days. If we got married and had kids I don't know if I'd want them to be around the paroled aunt or uncle. Depending on the circumstances of their crime.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:19 pm

I think people are responsible for their own actions. I can't hold what a relative does against someone. I would hope if I had a relative who had committed a crime, it wouldn't be held against me. Depending on the circumstances I might not want to hang out with them if & when they got out of prison but that wouldn't have anything to do with the guy I'm involved with.
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Post by Marc™ Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:23 pm

Yeah I would. One sibs fucked up life choices don't affect the others.
    FireIce918
    FireIce918
    …is Authorized.
    …is Authorized.

Female
    Rep : 8

Post by FireIce918 Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:12 am

Yeah but I'll be damned if that fool would know where I stay.

He ain't invited to the wedding, either. Crazy ass.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 22, 2024 3:40 am