CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+5
Nystyle709
Alan Smithee
Supernova
Cheaps
Marc™
9 posters

Some Rural Schools in the US Still Allow Spanking.

Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Some Rural Schools in the US Still Allow Spanking. Empty Some Rural Schools in the US Still Allow Spanking.

Post by Marc™ Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:37 am

Should schools be able to physically discipline kids?
    Cheaps
    Cheaps
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 252

Some Rural Schools in the US Still Allow Spanking. Empty Re: Some Rural Schools in the US Still Allow Spanking.

Post by Cheaps Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:45 am

I'm not against spanking, but nope, I'll be the one to do so.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Some Rural Schools in the US Still Allow Spanking. Empty Re: Some Rural Schools in the US Still Allow Spanking.

Post by Supernova Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:20 am

Marc™ wrote:Should schools be able to physically discipline kids?

Yes because if kids need it at school they're obviously not getting it at home.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:49 am

No. Fucking. Way.

Teachers need to be allowed to defend themselves against physical attacks by students. That is the only reason for them to lay their hands on a kid. Or if they're breaking up a fight. I don't trust someone else to decide what misbehavior warrants corpral punishment.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:35 am

I dunno, I'm torn. Back in the days when my parents and grandparents were in school, they got paddled for misbehaving. They didn't have NEARLY the disrespect and the disdain for education like they do now in public schools. Talking back to teachers and cursing in front of them was unheard of. These kids today have way too many rights and the majority of them need DO their asses whipped. And it's painfully obvious that they're not getting it at home.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:18 pm

No. In my opinion, it's overstepping. It isn't the schools or its teachers jobs to enact that kind of punishment on students. It's a shame that some unruly kids may not have parents who're doing a good enough job with discipline and punishment at home, but it still isn't the schools place to go to that kind of an extreme.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:24 pm

Alan Smithee wrote:No. Fucking. Way.

Teachers need to be allowed to defend themselves against physical attacks by students. That is the only reason for them to lay their hands on a kid. Or if they're breaking up a fight. I don't trust someone else to decide what misbehavior warrants corpral punishment.

Chris wrote:No. In my opinion, it's overstepping. It isn't the schools or its teachers jobs to enact that kind of punishment on students. It's a shame that some unruly kids may not have parents who're doing a good enough job with discipline and punishment at home, but it still isn't the schools place to go to that kind of an extreme.

co-signs
    Nhaiyel
    Nhaiyel
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 123

Post by Nhaiyel Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:22 pm

Much as I would like to say yes, I can't co-signs this one. Beyond situations that call for defense against a kid who is acting out physically, it's not the schools place to take physical measures when it comes to punishing students.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:31 pm

Like most have already said, I don't think teachers should have the right to spank. Who can trust them? Not me. In today's litigious society, I can only imagine what it would be like if teachers spanked.

I can just see it...a kid gets a spanking for something he should be spanked for but then a group of his buddies embellishes the spank to the point it looks like a beating when they tell parents about it. There would be such an uproar.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 4:09 pm