CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+10
MandyPerfumeGirl
CatEyes10736
Tony Marino
Forgiveness Man
Impact
Chris
Nystyle709
RedBedroom
Shale
Kral
14 posters

Rural Areas (Would You Wanna Live In one?)

Kral
    Kral
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 30

Rural Areas (Would You Wanna Live In one?) Empty Rural Areas (Would You Wanna Live In one?)

Post by Kral Sat Nov 06, 2010 11:43 pm

Would you be willing to live in a rural area, or a secluded country area away from the hustle and bustle of the city?
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Rural Areas (Would You Wanna Live In one?) Empty Re: Rural Areas (Would You Wanna Live In one?)

Post by Shale Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:02 am

I have and I would if not for the prejudicial, narrow minded peasants that usually inhabit such places.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Rural Areas (Would You Wanna Live In one?) Empty Re: Rural Areas (Would You Wanna Live In one?)

Post by RedBedroom Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:41 am

I lived on the South side of Chicago until age 12. My dad retired. The parents put an addition on the vacation home and there we lived...town of 200 people. I had an awful time adjusting on the cusp of 13. Really, I never adjusted, just adapted.

Terrible...I can never ever live in a town that small. I dislike it so much. While there is a lot to be said of the way people really stick together in that type of community, I need more people around me, regardless if said people give a fuck about me or not.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:40 am

I have lived in a small town before, a lot of my relatives in the South live in the 'country'.....but it's really not for me. I'm too young for that. I need to be in or near a big city. And it doesn't have to be NYC big in general....just big enough to have some type of constant action. I've actually been looking to move to upstate New York to get away from the hustle and bustle a little bit, but not be too far from the city.....like Rockland, Orange or Putnam county.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female

Post by RedBedroom Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:43 am

Ny, your post surprised me. I thought you were totally into being always in NYC.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:29 am

RedBedroom wrote:Ny, your post surprised me. I thought you were totally into being always in NYC.

10 years ago, that would've been totally me. New York City or nothing. But I'm getting older and as much I love the city, I also hate it somewhat equally. It's changed a lot from when I was growing up and because I've grown up in it, I wouldn't mind seeing something new. That's why I tried to live South a few years ago.....but I eventually came back. I can accept just being near here, but not actually living in the five boroughs now that I am older. I want to go someplace where I can get more for my money.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female

Post by RedBedroom Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:43 am

Nystyle709 wrote:

10 years ago, that would've been totally me. New York City or nothing. But I'm getting older and as much I love the city, I also hate it somewhat equally. It's changed a lot from when I was growing up and because I've grown up in it, I wouldn't mind seeing something new. That's why I tried to live South a few years ago.....but I eventually came back. I can accept just being near here, but not actually living in the five boroughs now that I am older. I want to go someplace where I can get more for my money.

Pretty amazing what our younger selves want vs. our a bit older selves, eh? I have become more realistic about Chicago and the areas I would be comfortable living in. The burbs are safest, and I think about that a lot.

HUGE reality check last April when I went to my old neighborhood. It is really not safe at all anymore.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Sun Nov 07, 2010 6:01 am

No, I can't see living in a secluded area, where you have to 'drive into town.' I like the activity, the crowds, the stores and the busy atmosphere of city life. Even if I don't always throw myself in the midst of it, I like knowing it's there.
    Impact
    Impact
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 75

Post by Impact Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:11 am

I'll also say I'd like to live on a bit of land, just outside the city. For my kids sake, I'd wanna be close enough to their friends' places that they can walk over to hang out with them and I want the convenience of shopping, work, school, etc close by. But the open space, night sky and dark nights of the country is unbeatable.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Post by Forgiveness Man Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:37 am

Shale wrote:I have and I would if not for the prejudicial, narrow minded peasants that usually inhabit such places.
    Ah, my reasons for avoiding the city exactly! FORGIVENESS MAN

Rural has smarter people usually but I think it's more a visiting place for me. I'd try to compromise and go suburban. Razz
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:12 am

I would love to live in the California desert area, its not congested with cars and people its basically warm all year long and the people are very friendly.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Shale Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:50 am

Forgiveness_Man wrote:Ah, my reasons for avoiding the city exactly! xD

Oh there are prejudicial, narrow minded peasants in the big cities. Lots of 'em. Enuf to populate small towns.

But their influence is diluted by the larger number of cosmopolitan ppl around them and they don't get to force their narrow views on the majority. Hence the nightlife if you want it (lots of young ppl come here for that) or the clothing optional beach if you want it (lots of old Canadians come here for that).
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Post by Forgiveness Man Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:55 am

Shale wrote:

Oh there are prejudicial, narrow minded peasants in the big cities. Lots of 'em. Enuf to populate small towns.

But their influence is diluted by the larger number of cosmopolitan ppl around them and they don't get to force their narrow views on the majority. Hence the nightlife if you want it (lots of young ppl come here for that) or the clothing optional beach if you want it (lots of old Canadians come here for that).
    Um, no. Their number isn't diluted, they are the majority in my experience. And they have even MORE chance to force their narrow views on the majority. They don't just give you the cold shoulder. I've found the city is much more narrow minded than the country, at least in my own experience. Maybe other cities are better, but not the one I live in. Razz

Sorry, a night life and nude beaches don't signal being open minded at all. Just because some things rejected elsewhere are accepted doesn't mean that narrow minded people aren't the dominating force in cities.

Rural areas just are too far from everything for my taste. But they sure are fun to visit, especially for the cuisine. Razz

Last edited by Forgiveness_Man on Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:48 am; edited 2 times in total
    CatEyes10736
    CatEyes10736
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 126

Post by CatEyes10736 Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:02 am

The thing about living in a rural or secluded area is that it becomes too much of a hassle to give people directions, or to follow them if someone tries to them to you. All the tree's, twists and turns. Also like Chris said, I don't like the idea of shopping convenience being distant. I can imagine maybe having a second home in a more quiet, country area but I wouldn't be too keen on that being my primary residence.
    MandyPerfumeGirl
    MandyPerfumeGirl
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 26

Post by MandyPerfumeGirl Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:42 am

I live in a rural area out in the country, and I like it quite a bit. It has a lot of advantages: no traffic jams, the quiet, very low in crime, etc. I like the city to visit, but only to visit.

By the way Shale, your posts are really sad - they're just showing how prejudiced you are. Who else would stereotype whole towns except for a prejudiced man?
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Shale Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:50 am

MandyPerfumeGirl wrote:By the way Shale, your posts are really sad - they're just showing how prejudiced you are. Who else would stereotype whole towns except for a prejudiced man?
    Oh, maybe a man who has lived in Brookhaven Mississippi where white racists killed a black man for getting blacks to vote. Who drank out of the "colored" drinking fountain in the JC Penny store there out of defiance. Who, when he was a long haired "hippy" living a hermits life in the woods was threatened by the good "Christians" of Smith County Mississippi, one of whom trashed his cabin while he was away in New Orleans.

Yes, it is sad that I am so prejudiced.

Oh yes, I am also prejudiced against small town "Christian" str8 ppl as well, as evidenced by this foto from a town in rural Florida. (I can only assume they are Christian because the bowed their heads in prayer before putting on the robes).

Rural Areas (Would You Wanna Live In one?) KKKGvlle1992Shale
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:02 pm

That's pretty much what kind of place I'm living in now. Small town, part country part suburb, I like it though it could be better, but then again what couldn't?
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Post by Marc™ Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:09 am

Nah....I'd live in a quiet suburb, but definitely not the country side.
    GrayWolf
    GrayWolf
    …is Authorized.
    …is Authorized.

Male
    Rep : 36

Post by GrayWolf Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:05 am

I would totally live in a remote area with acres of space and tranquility. Love the quiet and peace.
    RobbieFTW
    RobbieFTW
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.

Male
    Rep : 145

Post by RobbieFTW Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:29 am

I think I would get bored in all that quiet and remoteness. I need to be around activity and people.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 4:20 am