CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+4
gmruss4
Jason B.
TSJFan4Ever
stavdash
8 posters

David Fumero's attempt at a crying scene.

stavdash
    stavdash
    …is Significant.
    …is Significant.

Female
    Rep : 7

David Fumero's attempt at a crying scene. Empty David Fumero's attempt at a crying scene.

Post by stavdash Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:39 pm

Cristian calling himself getting "choked up" at Evangeline's bedside was utterly terrible.  In the twelve years since DF started, this—I believe—was his first go at a crying scene, and he did not pull it off.
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female
    Rep : 78

David Fumero's attempt at a crying scene. Empty Re: David Fumero's attempt at a crying scene.

Post by TSJFan4Ever Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:55 pm

The sad thing is, those were the best scenes of the show.
    Jason B.
    Jason B.
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 70

David Fumero's attempt at a crying scene. Empty Re: David Fumero's attempt at a crying scene.

Post by Jason B. Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:04 pm

Takes a lot talent to be able to cry with no tears.
    gmruss4
    gmruss4
    …is Authorized.
    …is Authorized.

Female
    Rep : 8

Post by gmruss4 Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:57 pm

You are right, he should never attempt that kind of scene. Not good at it at all.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:02 pm

As an actor, DF is way too vague/limited to pull off that kind of emotion. They should have not tried to go that route with him, it was very, very flat.
    TSJToddFan
    TSJToddFan
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Rep : 3

Post by TSJToddFan Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:01 pm

They have him sign a new contract and then give him material that's too deep for him to play. I'm not really all that surprised that they would be cocky enough to have him try that though, the show has always had this weird fascination with DF and the Cristian character.
    Pilaring
    Pilaring
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Female
    Rep : 1

Post by Pilaring Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:31 pm

stavdash wrote:Cristian calling himself getting "choked up" at Evangeline's bedside was utterly terrible. In the twelve years since DF started, this—I believe—was his first go at a crying scene, and he did not pull it off.
    I guess I'll be the lone voice of dissent. I don't think DF that bad a job. He came off more believable than BU when she's been giving crying scenes.

I've enjoyed DF/TS easy breezy chemistry but it's become obvious in this s/l TS blows him away when it comes to a dramatic talent. She's knocking it out of the park and he's flailing to even match the depth of emotion Layla and Lisa are delivering.

Layla was the ONLY thing worth watching today.
    aublack40
    aublack40
    …is Significant.
    …is Significant.

Female
    Rep : 7

Post by aublack40 Tue Jul 20, 2010 4:57 am

has chris ever had an emotional scene where he had to choke up?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Sep 21, 2024 8:14 pm