CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+4
Jason B.
gmruss4
Forgiveness Man
pisces33
8 posters

So Inez just left and never made an attempt to save her sons

pisces33
    pisces33
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Female
    Rep : 4

So Inez just left and never made an attempt to save her sons Empty So Inez just left and never made an attempt to save her sons

Post by pisces33 Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:57 pm

She left two boys, one just a toddler to be abused and never looked back. No maternal instincts at all.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

So Inez just left and never made an attempt to save her sons Empty Re: So Inez just left and never made an attempt to save her sons

Post by Forgiveness Man Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:01 pm

I would hardly say she never looked back. She didn't leave, she was thrown out. She didn't have the power to go to war with the Ford father, so she did what she could. She tried to keep in contact but it became too dangerous. Her and Nate being killed wouldn't exactly help her other sons.
    pisces33
    pisces33
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Female

So Inez just left and never made an attempt to save her sons Empty Re: So Inez just left and never made an attempt to save her sons

Post by pisces33 Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:12 pm

Sorry but that is no excuse at all, if she was alive, she could fight back. She could have went to the police, picketed the house, stood outside and screamed that she wanted her sons. She could have went to CPS, she could have went to a crusading reporter, there were so many things she could have tried, but she did nothing but save her own worthless hide.She could have killed him and pleaded self defense. She just slunk away.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Forgiveness Man Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:18 pm

Again, all of that is easy to say now but she was a pregnant mother with a third child to protect that the father despised. Ford's dad sounds like a very rich and powerful man. She didn't have any connections so it sounds like she was expected to go to war against somebody who would crush her.
    gmruss4
    gmruss4
    …is Authorized.
    …is Authorized.

Female
    Rep : 8

Post by gmruss4 Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:06 pm

She would have been no good to her sons dead and I do beleive a man that would put out a hit on his son would have no problem having his wife killed. She did the right thing because she trusted that he wouldn't harm his own sons but she knew he would kill her.
    gmruss4
    gmruss4
    …is Authorized.
    …is Authorized.

Female
    Rep : 8

Post by gmruss4 Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:12 pm

She would have been no good to her sons dead and I do beleive a man that would put out a hit on his son would have no problem having his wife killed. She did the right thing because she trusted that he wouldn't harm his own sons but she knew he would kill her.
    Jason B.
    Jason B.
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 70

Post by Jason B. Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:07 am

I don't think she fought hard enough. Her excuse rung weak to me. No matter how abusive he was, a real mother would fight for her kids until the death, especially since she all the time knew where they were.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Forgiveness Man Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:06 am

gmruss4 wrote:She would have been no good to her sons dead and I do beleive a man that would put out a hit on his son would have no problem having his wife killed. She did the right thing because she trusted that he wouldn't harm his own sons but she knew he would kill her.

I agree. I don't she why she should be expected to fight to the death for something she has no chance of winning, all the while leaving Nate motherless AND fatherless. She did what she could.
    aublack40
    aublack40
    …is Significant.
    …is Significant.

Female
    Rep : 7

Post by aublack40 Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:21 am

he was already beating her, it wouldn't take much more to kill her.
    manningsrule
    manningsrule
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Female
    Rep : 0

Post by manningsrule Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:49 pm

I love the character of Inez, the actress is great, want to see how her relationship with Ford & James moves forward. Having said that, I have a hard time relating to her excuse for leaving them behind. I would have preferred that he had stolen them and she had been searching for them for years and then saw Ford in a paper or something and came to llanview, that I could get behind but just giving up and leaving your two boys to an apparant maniac so you could keep one boy safe. So Inez just left and never made an attempt to save her sons 483750
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:00 am

manningsrule wrote:I love the character of Inez, the actress is great, want to see how her relationship with Ford & James moves forward. Having said that, I have a hard time relating to her excuse for leaving them behind. I would have preferred that he had stolen them and she had been searching for them for years and then saw Ford in a paper or something and came to llanview, that I could get behind but just giving up and leaving your two boys to an apparant maniac so you could keep one boy safe. So Inez just left and never made an attempt to save her sons 483750

I agree, him kidnapping the kids while she searched endlessly would have been the more sympathetic route for the writers to take.  Her submitting to leaving her kids behind rubs me the wrong way too.   Her all the time knowing where her sons were, but submitting to being shut out of their lives doesn't earn her any sympathy points, no matter how much of an abusive SOB he was.  Call the police, call the FBI, don't just allow someone to take your kids away from you.  Ford has every right to hate her IMO.
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female
    Rep : 78

Post by TSJFan4Ever Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:51 am

I think they should have gone the kidnapping routine, too. The way they have Inez going on about how she watched the boys from afar rubs me the wrong way, too. Why didn't she just grab the boys from school and run, rather than just watch them. Yes she was terrified, but she got away with Nate and Daddy Ford didn't come after her, so maybe she'd have gotten away with the boys, too. If the cops were anything like LPD, I don't blame her for not trusting them, though. Bo is decent but John is more corrupt than the criminals and Brody's heading down that path too. They should have just had the Dad kidnap the boys if they wanted to portray Inez as a truly sympathetic character. It's hard to see how much pain the boys are all in because she just up and left, while she goes on about watching them from afar and missing them and praying for them.

They could have had the Dad kidnap the older two boys and "disappear" because of his connections, and she could have spent her entire life searching for them, hoping and praying. That would have been the better route to go.
    pisces33
    pisces33
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Female

Post by pisces33 Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:34 pm

gmruss4 wrote:She would have been no good to her sons dead and I do beleive a man that would put out a hit on his son would have no problem having his wife killed. She did the right thing because she trusted that he wouldn't harm his own sons but she knew he would kill her.

Well obviously she was of no use to them alive either. How can an abuser be trusted? After Nate was born she could left him somewhere safe and went back but she valued her own skin more. What decent mother would abandon her children to an abuser? She never even tried.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 7:32 am