Would you consider a parent neglectful if they didn't fix their child's speech impediment? Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Would you consider a parent neglectful if they didn't fix their child's speech impediment?

Go down 
+4
Nystyle709
CeCe
Tony Marino
Chris
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

Would you consider a parent neglectful if they didn't fix their child's speech impediment? Empty
PostSubject: Would you consider a parent neglectful if they didn't fix their child's speech impediment?   Would you consider a parent neglectful if they didn't fix their child's speech impediment? EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 2:43 pm

If a child has a speech impediment that can be corrected, but the parents opt not to, would you consider that a form of neglect?
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male
Rep : 607

Would you consider a parent neglectful if they didn't fix their child's speech impediment? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Would you consider a parent neglectful if they didn't fix their child's speech impediment?   Would you consider a parent neglectful if they didn't fix their child's speech impediment? EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 3:08 pm

I don't know. It sounds like it would be. That child would be pretty angry as an adult if he/she found out the parents did not help them.
Back to top Go down
CeCe
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
CeCe

Rep : 326

PostSubject: Re: Would you consider a parent neglectful if they didn't fix their child's speech impediment?   Would you consider a parent neglectful if they didn't fix their child's speech impediment? EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 3:39 pm

I think it's pretty sorry if a parent CAN help their kid in a situation like this & refuse to do it.
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: Would you consider a parent neglectful if they didn't fix their child's speech impediment?   Would you consider a parent neglectful if they didn't fix their child's speech impediment? EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 5:43 pm

CeCe wrote:
I think it's pretty sorry if a parent CAN help their kid in a situation like this & refuse to do it.

This.
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

PostSubject: Re: Would you consider a parent neglectful if they didn't fix their child's speech impediment?   Would you consider a parent neglectful if they didn't fix their child's speech impediment? EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 5:55 pm

CeCe wrote:

Yep
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

PostSubject: Re: Would you consider a parent neglectful if they didn't fix their child's speech impediment?   Would you consider a parent neglectful if they didn't fix their child's speech impediment? EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 10:12 am

I estimate a majority of cases of parents doing nothing is a form of neglect. But the sad fact is many parents can't afford speech therapy. So there could be people who want it but can't afford it and the problem is something that can not be corrected without the assistance of a professional.
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

PostSubject: Re: Would you consider a parent neglectful if they didn't fix their child's speech impediment?   Would you consider a parent neglectful if they didn't fix their child's speech impediment? EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 10:19 am

Exactly what DOES qualify as a speech impediment? Besides sounding like they have a mouthful of marbles or something?
Back to top Go down
Suzi
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Suzi

Female
Rep : 85

PostSubject: Re: Would you consider a parent neglectful if they didn't fix their child's speech impediment?   Would you consider a parent neglectful if they didn't fix their child's speech impediment? EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 12:35 pm

Yes. As I have said before I am legally blind in one eye and it is my fathers fault.My eyes crossed when I was about 2 years old.My father took me to an eye doctor but because I cried he said "that's all right baby, you don't have to see that nasty doctor", and took me home.By the time I went to live with my grandmother permanently at 5 and a half it was too late . Even though she in fact took me to her own sons appointment because she realized when I ran into a parked car and knocked myself out that I didn't see too well. They didn't know as much then about Ambliopia so the "treatment" wasn't aggressive enough. I feel my father was not only neglectful but didn't care enough for all his blathering.

It did however make me very sensitive to my own children's needs our youngest daughters eyes crossed at 14 months she got her first pr of glasses at 15 months and fairly aggressive treatment, or sons eye suddenly began to dart in when he was 5, we took him immediately he too got glasses, in fact bifocals and very aggressive treatment. He still wears glasses now they are trifocals, but he can see with both eyes as can our daughter. Eye care for very young children has become common place, not long enough I saw a 6 month old baby with tiny glasses, she was so cute and her parents were very smart to get her help when she is so young. They will hear people ask "Are those real" as we did with our toddler. I would answer with all the reasons a kid should see an eye Dr early. The ones who followed the Are they real with "What a shame" would get a blast from me. "The only shame would be if I allowed her to go blind for the want of a pair of glasses!".

Not everyone appreciates me asking them if their young one has seen an eye Dr (when it is obvious they need one) but I can't bring myself to remain silent when a child's eyes are at stake.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Would you consider a parent neglectful if they didn't fix their child's speech impediment?   Would you consider a parent neglectful if they didn't fix their child's speech impediment? Empty

Back to top Go down

Would you consider a parent neglectful if they didn't fix their child's speech impediment?
Page 1 of 1